Mariner Model 205-32A

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Cookie, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Cookie

Cookie United States Subscriber

So I picked this baby up for a song and a dance today. It doesn't have the grills and it needs the NRV freed up. I got her to fire up by self priming. My NRV tool won't fit down into the slot fully so I need to find or make a new one. I noticed that the silent burner caps seem to be factory crimped on. They spin but do not come loose.

20200626_174224.jpg 20200626_174240.jpg 20200626_165210.jpg

2. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

That's a nice feature. I've got a bunch of stoves with missing caps.

Ben

3. Cookie

I was hoping that they were SVEA burners that I could convert to kero but I don't think that I can from my initial impression. I need to more research on it and see if I can locate the grills.

4. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@Cookie ,

From what I can see, your burners are the one for Meths, only. They work very well, actually, but only with Meths. Earlier versions of this stove, had the SVEA M1915 burners, about whicy you mentioned. The 1973 catalog, soon to be posted here, only show the later, Meths-only burners. Check with Kenyon to see if they have replacement grills for you. Failing that, spend some time perusing the offerings of as many Marine Supply stores you can find online. Seattle has a lot, as do many other Coastal areas, including Florida. Some models came with clips on the grills, and other models came with no clips, and thereby, no grills, after they went missing. Your model may have adjustable disks in the bottom of the burners, which, in order to reach, you will have to remove the outer caps. Once my catalog is posted here, you will learn more about all that! Take care, and God Bless!

Doc

PS - check to see if your outercaps have a small divot in one lower edge, which just happens to match up with a small raised bump in the burner body. Rotate the cap until the divot matches the bump, and you can easily remove the outer cap, and access the air/fuel tuning disk in the bottom of the burner body, IF your burners have them.

5. Cookie

@Doc Mark I have looked and do not see any divots that would allow me to turn the exterior burner cap and remove it. I am perfectly fine with it being a meth only stove since I paid very little for it

6. threedots New Zealand

Hello @Cookie . You may have to lightly squeeze the outer cap to clear the raised lug on one side. Try not to over squeeze or you may distort the cap. John

7. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

8. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

For my Homestrand Mariner I’d to do exactly that, make a tool to fit in the recess in which the NRV head sits.

AB607D1B-61B9-43E9-9478-B17F6C630DBC.jpeg

My usual NRV tool was just that bit too large a diameter where it mattered. Tool made up, top.

A58D2108-C78C-4411-919D-CCB7C50EE302.jpeg

9. Cookie