META 50 Switzerland

Discussion in 'Meta' started by RonPH, May 11, 2010.

1. RonPH

Was able to take pictures of my META 50. Thanks to brother Wim's quick finger, am now a proud owner of this new unused Swiss made cookset which arrived weeks ago. All of the parts have the META stamped on it same as the one shown. Shipping was a tad more expensive than the cookset itself but still a lot cheaper than the Trangia cookset. For one, the aluminum is slightly thinner and more succeptible to dings and dents. The cup-like fuel holder will accept the bigger army alcohol burner and other types of canned fuel.

1273601944-META001.jpg 1273601951-META002.jpg 1273601958-META003.jpg

Again thanks to brother Wim. Can't wait to try it out on one of my fishing trips.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. teletim

Hi Ron
    Very nice,never seen one in the flesh so to speak.
    Looks like a very stable base.
    Thank you for showing it .
    Cheers Tim

3. RonPH

Thanks Tim, yes the base is stable but noticed that the Trangia set did make some improvements on the similar design where the base and upper windscreen would lock in place although thinking about it now , if the windscreen got knocked off on the META, the base holding the either solid fuel, alcohol, alcohol burner, or M71 would not topple over possibly creating a fire on the ground. The only moving part here would be the small window at which to insert the pot holder to refuel a cooled down/unlit burner. Weight wise, with the military burner, it would be close to the Trangia aluminum sets.

Ron

4. Wim

Wim Subscriber

Hi Ron, I'm glad it arrived safe & sound, despite ash clouds an'all ;)
    I look forward to your action photo's!!!

All the best,

Wim

5. teletim

The twist on windshield annoyed me on the trangia ,I found that lifting the wind shield to light the stove in cold weather was easier so I very rarely locked it in to position.
    Cheers Tim

6. pshaw

where did you get it from?

7. RonPH

I asked Wim to bid for me from the German Ebay site as he did not ship abroad.

Ron