Mom & Dads 425 Coleman 1949-53

Discussion in 'Coleman No:425' started by Daryl, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Daryl

Daryl United States SotM Winner Subscriber

Very lucky to have Dad's stove that heated our meals on many family outings when I was a child. I continued the tradition and used it on my outdoor adventures growing up. It has cooked meals for my son and now it cooks meals for my grand kids (as long as they stand up wind from fumes) I have memories of good pancake while watching deer feed in the meadow and also seeing it in a huge fire ball more then once! Thinking my parents got it new and it has been repainted more than once and the stickers are long gone. enjoy Daryl sunny SoCal
    20181227_124026.jpg
    100_4264.JPG 100_4266.JPG
    100_4271.JPG 100_4273.JPG

Attached Files:

2. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

A good one. With me and my 5 siblings it was similar: the folks had a Coleman 3-burner and we spent vacations in local State Parks in the 1950s and early '60s. Many happy memories indeed.

One of my bros still owns the stove.

3. ArchMc

ArchMc SotM Winner Subscriber

I love to see ones that have been passed down through the family like that.

....Arch

4. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

Looking good there.
    I have the Coleman 426D my parents bought new. We camped at Yosemite and Lake Tahoe in the 50s & 60s.

5. BradB

BradB United States Subscriber

My parents were farmers and saw no reason to spend MORE time outdoors. I started camping as a young adult after we had left the farm. My own children and grandchildren grew up camping, as did many of you. I wonder if any of them will continue to do it after my wife and I are gone. Brad

6. Daryl

Daryl United States SotM Winner Subscriber

No doubt it will continue. The call of nature is too strong. I know all the NP out west are setting new attendance records each year. Was up in the Eastern Sierras last Sept. 10,600ft flyfishing and the trail head parking was over flowing and these are young folks which are going any where soon. Last 4 summers we have gone to NP's (Disneyland got old) with grand kids and I have taken some kind of stove for hot chocolate or noodles. Now we did not camp out and use the stove for meals but I think I showed my grand kids how easy it is to pack a stove. Can only hope my grand son will pack a stove and sit stream side and catch Yellowstone trout some day again. enjoy Daryl sunny SoCal

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020