Montana de Oro Meet

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by Gordon, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, Gordon,

Good to hear from you, Sir! Yes, our very first CASG, at the same campground in which we just in enjoyed our fourth such event, was really a lot of fun! Sweet Bride and I will definitely be camping at Montana De Oro again in the future, as we like that spot, quite a bit! This year, it was wonderful to hear the tide coming in at night!

We have discussed trying to plan an adventure up in Oregon, in truth. But, I'm not sure how many folks would make the long drive up there. We rather think that it should be up to our Northern CA and Oregon Stovies to arrange and setup such an event, and if we could make it, we most certainly would, albeit with a much smaller setup than what we use down this way! BernieDawg and I have talked about a canoe/kayak event, and Mac is interested in that, too. But, we'll see how it all turns out. It's hard enough for us to put on a stove event down this way, without thinking about trying to put one on up in Oregon. So, if Dawg, or you, or any others of our Stovies up that way, want to plan an event for your area, if we can make it fit into our work schedule, we'll definitely try to be there! As for any others from down this way, well that would be up to them, of course. We'll keep planning and holding CASG events down this way, and any and all Stovies are always invited to join us. We hope that others will step up to the plate and plan their own events, and will do our best to attend them. But, as you may, or may not know, some folks will not even travel 50 miles, or less, to an event, much less 1,200+!! :shock: ;) :lol: :lol:

Again, good to hear from you, Gordon, and we do hope to see you at a future event, either down this way, or up your way!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

2. rogue

I loved the pics and posts of your get together in Montana de Oro. If you guys are serious about another such event in this area, and into bringing kayaks, I suggest Morro Bay State Park, with showers and a free launch ramp just across the street. I'd be more than happy to show up...cheers, Rogue

3. RonPH

Rogue actually MDO has its own beach where you can launch your kayak. Walking distance from the campsite but not carrying a kayak though :) I am up for another meet ther this year as its a leisurely drive. What say you Doc. Am sure aluminumjunkie will be happy to join us barring any earlier commitment.

Ron

4. Aluminum Junkie

Ron, you are correct, I would be up for it for sure. Checked with Cooper (my Schnauzer) he is good to go! Keep me in the loop!

5. rogue

Re: RonPh, hey Ron, I know all about that little beach; I've been trashed there twice in my 17ft. dory after rowing down from Morro Bay. The waves, and therefore the break, come up very quickly there, and can close it out in a hurry. It is of course easier for kayaks, but can still become very challenging. Morro Bay, on the other hand, is nearly always easier, with multiple places to launch, and lunch. My wife and I and our two sons just did a circumnavigation of the bay on the 6th, the boys in their kayaks, us rowing doubles in the dory...in with the flood, out with the ebb; very enjoyable. Cheers, BC