MSR XGK EX 3rd test

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by 8R Pete, Aug 15, 2019.

1. 8R Pete

8R Pete United States Subscriber

OK so I bought the MSR Expedition service kit for my stove as it contains the GK jet for white gas, and my military model has the XJ jet for JP 8 installed in it. I really liked the kerosene and will use that as well in the future. I removed the XJ jet and installed the X jet (jet fuel, diesel) by mistake as I didn't have the paper to tell me which jet is which. At 1st the stove surged and I thought maybe the jet is clogged. I shut off the stove, let it cool and removed the jet. I remembered the jet has the shaker part that goes into it. I took the jet cleaning tool and at 1st I couldn't get it in the hole. Finally I was able to prick the jet but was thinking maybe a slight burr was inside. I took the shaker part and installed it in the jet, and put it in the stove. Here is the expedition kit

Attached Files:

2. 8R Pete

Here is the X jet installed as I didn't have the paper telling me which jet to use. I noticed when I got the stove going with the X jet it was noticeably quieter. I don't believe it had full power as the XJ jet but it was quieter even at full blast.

Attached Files:

3. 8R Pete

So I went home and realized I installed the wrong jet for white gas. I went today and installed the GK jet and it went back to the loud roaring beast it was before but with a bluer flame.

Attached Files: