My 502

Discussion in 'Coleman No:502' started by Itsawhalefish, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Itsawhalefish

1341675856-rsz_502.jpg

Nothing special, not perfect, dated 1 - 66 (just in case its someones birthday stove), but I found it in the UK, so I had to have it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Not to everyone's taste (the 275 lantern - not the 502 stove which everybody thinks well of) though I enjoy using mine.

Never had one of these though ...

1341676986-Allegro.jpg

... but some people put that and the 275 in the same category as low-points for their respective companies. Same endearing shade of brown too in that example.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  3. ulysses

ulysses Subscriber

John:

What features of the Coleman 275 lantern cause people to think less of it? I've heard that before, but never knew why.

Paul

4. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Apologies for this diversion, Itsawhalefish, but that Coleman 275 tucked into your heading photo prompted it, with a little help from me I'll confess.

Paul asked,

The looks mainly - brown paint and angular lines in contrast to the traditional Coleman Green and curvaceous shapes of font, globe and hood.

Then too there's the control valve and fuel/air metering arrangement, which departs from tradition too with a plastic fuel pickup tube and schrader valve.

Personally, I like the 70's styling and colour scheme and I've had no problem with fuel metering, though a lantern enthusiast I know who also collects stoves hasn't had one 275 that he's got to work reliably.

John

5. dunny

passed my driving test in an austin allegro,square steering wheel and hydro suspension,state of the art british carmaking!!!

6. bajabum

bajabum R.I.P.

Yep, all the brown colemans are known as...Tu*ds... :whistle: