My Optimus #11.

Discussion in 'Optimus No:11' started by Doc Mark, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Greetings, All,

I've posted photos of this stove before, but not here in the SRG. I bought this stove from a seller in Sweden, in November, 2005, and truthfully, probably paid too much for it. But, what's done is one, and I'm happy to own this neat stove!

Here are some photos, taken years ago, and if they are too small, I'll retake them, and add them to this thread.

DSCN1477.jpg

DSCN1478.jpg

DSCN1479.jpg

DSCN1481.jpg

DSCN1482.jpg

DSCN1483.jpg

DSCN1484.jpg

And, compared to an Optimus 111C.

DSCN1486.jpg

Of course, it's been repainted, and the flame ring is not correct, as it's a Radius, and not an Optimus. And, I believe that the burner may be a later replacement, as it does now have the curved fuel line that the earlier stoves do, but rather what looks to be from the 111 time period. I could be wrong, but I'd love to get my hands on a proper burner for this stove, and will post a "Wanted to Buy" note in the Classifieds here on CCS.

One thing, the NRV on this stove stubbornly refused to budge, no matter what NRV wrench I used on it, UNTIL, I got my two NRV wrenches from Stu, in the UK!!! Put the wrench into place, pushed down firmly, and began applying pressure to unscrew the NRV, and all of a sudden, POP, the sealed part finally broke free, and I was able to remove, and repair the NRV, then reinstall it!!! Thanks to the excellent wrench by Stu, this stove is back to functioning, if I decide to fire it up. Actually, I'm thinking that, since it's not all original, I may we all fire it and use it. Photos later, if that actually happens!! Thanks for checking out this #11, and thanks, again, to Stu, for his most excellent tools!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

2. Christer Carlsson

Christer Carlsson Moderator SotM Winner

So a ten year anniversary by the month, then!
    It's a very nice stove, so thanks for posting it in the reference gallery too.
    Even if you think you payed too much back then, I bet you would get more today if you should sell it - which I'm sure you won't - considering how the stove prices has evolved.

Reading this, I just came to realise that November 2005 also is a special time for me.
    That's when I registered here on CCS!
    Ten years... doesn't time fly?

3. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

HI, Christer,

Happy ten year anniversary, my good friend!!! You are a wonderful example of a fine CCS member, and I'm glad to have met you, and of our friendship! Thanks for reminding me that the 10 years anniversary of my #11 is coming up, one week, after my own birthday!! I had not given that any thought, but am glad you called it to my attention. I'll have to dig that one out of the Hobbit Hole, and fire it up, in celebration of when I bought it, ten years ago!! I actually began my bidding for this stove ON my birthday, ten years ago, and it would be fitting to celebrate!! Thanks, again, for your kind words, and your most excellent reminder of the upcoming anniversary! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

4. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

Yes, I do like the 11, and yours is no different. A child of many families with a history like no other. I painted one my wife got for me, it had already been stripped of its paint. It is in the Gallery.
    I like these running on kerosene, even though they were an early dual fuel, gasoline & kerosene, after the Campingo series.

Thank you for sharing it.

5. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

Doc, I remember your Optimus 11.
    Loved it back then and love it still - it is a beauty!

6. alnl1996

Beautiful stove., November is a special month. It's been 8 years for me here..wow time does fly.

7. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

Wow, November is THE month. 4 years for me.

8. idahostoveguy

Looks great Mark! That is one beautiful #11 even with the Radius flame ring, all though, the ring looks pretty nice, in and of itself!

So, did it take 10 years to dig the #11 out of the Hobbit Hole???? :whistle::lol::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Yours truly,
    sam

9. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, Guys,

Many thanks for all your kind remarks and comments. I do take lots of pleasure in owning this great stove, and recommend it as one that others might wish to seek out for themselves.
    Sam, you gave me a great laugh with your comment! :lol::lol: Even though you've only seen it in photos, you have the Hobbit Hole pretty much figured out!! I "find", and "lose" stuff down there, over and over again, as boxes shift, and locations change!! It's very frustrating, on the one hand, and sort of like Christmas on the other, when things come to hand again!! :thumbup: :D/ Thanks for the laugh, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark