N. American adaptor needed

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Angela Dawson, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Angela Dawson Canada

I have the Primus Model #2399 which although a European model, and old is in good condition. It used to be possible to buy gas for it but now I have got it out of storage I find it needs an adaptor to fit even a small N. American gas tank. Could anyone tell me where to find one. I've tried local stores in Vancouver, BC but no luck so far.
    Many thanks.

Attached Files:

2. aomb30

3. Lennart F Sweden

The adapters shown at Primus site are for the new system that adapt the tank side connection - the older stoves has a threaded hose connector to the combined tank connector/regulator valve where you just shift the connector/valve unit.

The marked part is the entire adapter for M14(Primus 2000 system) - but you may find chinese adapters to connect american 1" bottles to the M14 valve unit.
    2000 adapter.jpg

The old adapter system was used more than 40 years from early 1960's on.

4. Jim Lukowski United States

Angela,

If you're still having difficulty sourcing what you need, I suggest dropping into your local propane dealer and ask them about making up a new hose with your current stove end adapter and the current propane bottle adapter. Not a dealer that only refills propane tanks, but one that sells and services propane appliances.

5. Angela Dawson Canada

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I'll try every suggestion.
    Angela