New 1951 Primus 96.

Discussion in 'Primus No:96' started by Matthew92, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Matthew92

Matthew92 SotM Winner Subscriber

This is the Primus 96 I posted about a while ago. I thought it was about time I took some better pictures for the gallery. :p I guess I should thank Mr H Crow for not taking this out on any camping trips.:thumbup::lol:

IMG_2558.JPG IMG_2559.JPG IMG_2560.JPG IMG_2561.JPG IMG_2562.jpg IMG_2563.JPG IMG_2564.JPG IMG_2565.JPG IMG_2567.JPG IMG_2568.JPG IMG_2570.JPG

2. Wim

Wim Subscriber

Wonderful!:D/:clap:

Best regards,

Wim

3. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

Matthew that is an absolute beauty!
    The stove, of course is perfect, but having a mint tin and also the original cardboard box is lashings of icing on the cake!

Gradually, slowly but surely, you are coming to like the stoves and are coming to realise that you can get an amazing stove for the same price as a crap lantern.
    Go with the Force, go with stoves! :D

4. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Every collection should have one - few have one as nice as this!

5. roat

roat Norway Subscriber

There's just one "problem" with a stove in this condition. You need another similar as a user...! Perfect stove, in perfect condition. Congratulations! :clap:

6. Matthew92

Thanks guys, glad you like it. Trevor, problem is I'm running out of stove space but I'm hoping that I'll soon have an extension to my lamp shelf. Having said that and as roat mentioned I do have a second 96 in a usable condition.:thumbup: Never used it to cook though.:lol:

7. abbahco1

abbahco1 Subscriber

Hi Matthew: We never met before, as I was here in the earlier days - and not for some years (just reactivated). Great to see a fascination for these little miracles continues to another generation..

Best,

Peter

8. Matthew92

Hi Peter, I think this hobby is an extension of my life long fascination with fire. I think it's a bit less weird if I sit playing with a lamp or a stove than just a box of matches.:lol::lol::lol: That would be cheaper though.:-k

9. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

For those who came to CCS in more recent years, Peter's been around longer than his 'joined' date implies. Those dates relate to registration on CCSv2 & v3 post July 2004 when we became totally forum based. Peter was a regular contributer to the original CCS & is very knowledgeable on the fixed legs domestic 'Swedes'.

10. abbahco1

abbahco1 Subscriber

Ah, Matthew! Your straightforward honest is refreshing - we pyromaniacs at least prefer controlled fire, preferably with a correctly balanced blue flame!

11. abbahco1

abbahco1 Subscriber

Yes, Ross: those days seem so long ago. What's impressive is the sum total of knowledge that is being collected, preserved and presented right here - now the world's premier resource for the history of this remarkable chapter of the late industrial revolution and its technology, which, we shouldn't forget, was truly transformative and (for its day) eco-friendly. Much cleaner than burning coal or wood! Just leafing through the early catalogues and realising: 1. how competitive an industry it was and 2. the sheer range of products that clearly had a market is indication enough of how important a chapter our collective hobby once was.