New Coleman 426B

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by nosam, Dec 6, 2020.

1. nosam United States

Hey all. thought I'd share this here. I picked up this unused Coleman 426B from Goodwill a couple of weeks ago. There's a small dent on the right end but it doesn't interfere much. I can't find any date codes anywhere on it, and I don't think I've seen any others with the bronze fuel tank. The leather pump cup was totally dry and had a small flat spot in it from sitting for so long. It's soaking in oil right now and will hopefully return to original shape. I got the stand this weekend from Goodwill too. stove_logo.jpg stove_closed.JPEG stove_open.JPEG stove_bottom.JPEG stove_right.jpg stove_left.JPEG stove_tank.JPEG

2. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Excellent find! Welcome to CCS.

3. BradB

BradB United States Subscriber

Wow! What a terrific find! I hope you realize how lucky you are. Brad

4. Duck

Duck United States Subscriber

My favorite suitcase. Congrats on a nice find. The bronze tanks were the early productions around 1957. 0764E1DB-2695-4942-A16D-62375210F316.jpeg

5. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Very nice, great find.
    Duane

6. Lantern

That is a nice find. Recently I was given a 426B in need of some real work to get going again. Considering doing a conversion like Duane did with a 426B, making it a two burner two tank special. Yours is real pretty as is. Enjoy.

7. Paul B

Paul B Subscriber

What a great find! I have only seen beat up 425"S at any thrift stores, and certainly never a stand.
    Just something I have experienced, on my 426, The grates are not as robust as 413's and 425's. Maybe the rods are a little farther apart. Whatever, mine have bent and bowed especially over the middle burner.

8. OMC

OMC Subscriber

Welcome @nosam

You being from Kansan City Kansas?
    any "Coleman suitcase" may not strike you as something special.
    If I'm not too late, I would definitely hold off on lighting it (kills value etc.).
    You can always fire it up later if you decide but can't unfire it.
    Finding a "user" 426 would be east to do.
    Finding unfired: early NOS 426B ... hard to find.

Collectors with an interest in NOS Coleman stoves would certainly find yours interesting to say the least.
    It is an excellent reference as it is, hi res images of details are helpful (while it's still NOS).

It's not "just" a 426B, "the good book" says you have an early version 426B making it 1954 - 58.
    Congrats

9. nosam United States

Hmmm. I haven't fired it up yet. It also came with the "literature" as well. Truth be told I got it from Goodwill's auction site and paid close to $100 for it. So it wasn't "deal" by any means. But I wanted a 3 burner and all other's I could find on goodwill, ebay or craigslist looked liked they had been sitting in a pond for 30 years.
    stove_papers.jpg

And yes, I am in Kansas City.

10. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

Good Morning, @nosam ,

Welcome to CCS, and congratulations on scoring such a nice 426B! The entire 426 series of stoves is great, and well worth owning, and using on a regular basis! I have an old Model B, too, and like everyone else here at CCS, think it's a great, reliable, and excellent stove! It's neat that you get to "christen" your stove by lighting it for the first time, and in truth, for one as nice as yours, I think what you paid for it is more than fair! Ya' done good, Sir!

Again, congrats on your new Coleman 426B, and have fun using it! Please post photos when you decide to fire it up for the first time!! Seeing yours makes me want to drag out my own Model B, and fire it up, "just because"!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

11. OMC

OMC Subscriber

Nice, thank you.
    So, you are in Coleman country :thumbup::thumbup:
    "Goodwill, ebay, craigslist..."
    ...and facebook marketplace. Took a minute to find 426A (1951-53) user, another rarity, locally for you:
    426A.JPG

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020