New to me, Coleman Peak 442

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Colin Geer, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Colin Geer

Colin Geer Subscriber

This arrived today. I always wanted one but wasn't prepared to pay over the odds so I waited patiently. Here's the result.

IMG_20191114_173810_3.jpg

It's missing the generator but I have one on order (a genuine 422 and not the 533 which needs adjusting) from a friend of mine in the US.

IMG_20191114_173819_2.jpg

IMG_20191114_173826_9.jpg

IMG_20191114_173841_9.jpg

I haven't cleaned it up yet but it seems pretty good. The pump functions perfectly and a dribble of old fuel came out when I opened the valve. The instruction labels are a bit tatty but I can fix that easy enough. I don't know what you guys think but it doesn't appear to have had a lot of use.

2. itchy

The red plastic tip is not melted and charred or missing, that's probably a good sign. Did the seller include the bracket and screws that hold the generator?

These guys put out lots of heat. If you get lucky with a good generator and have a light touch, it should have a fair level of control. Lots of somewhat sharp edges so a container or tough bag is a good idea for packing.

3. ROBBO55

ROBBO55 Subscriber

It should clean up nicely Colin. Congratulations. :thumbup:

They are a great little stove. I have one dated 8/92 that I purchased new and used for many years. It's never given me any trouble.

It's hard to make out in the photo but yours is date stamped 97?

4. Colin Geer

Colin Geer Subscriber

Ahhhhhhh... no he didn't. I'll message him and ask if he's still got it somewhere Good call, @itchy !

5. Colin Geer

Colin Geer Subscriber

Ok then, anyone know where I can get a generator bracket? Or measurements and I can make my own.