New To This Forum And New To Stoves

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by pipenfly, Feb 22, 2020.

1. pipenfly

pipenfly Subscriber

Hello. My name is Peter. My apologies if I am disrupting the flow of the forum. I have an old stove that is new to me. I am in the process of cleaning it up and purchasing some new parts for it. I'd like to post some pictures, share my progress and figure out the best way to get it ready for more use. I'm not sure what section of the forum I should be in for this. Any direction would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. OMC

OMC Subscriber

Welcome!
    Thanks for posting.
    My 2 cents (just as a subscriber) I want to say pretty much you can not go "wrong" here commenting on camp stoves, no worries.
    I DO want to thank you and highlight your consideration re "the flow of the site".
    Rather than define that, along same lines, "I think", it is best and appreciated by all if you remain aware of what category a discussion is taking place. This site organization (and search) is excellent. Membership and content has spanned/grown steadily for 20 years.

I'm chiming-on on your 1st comment, this happening in the stove forum, a place for
    "Classic stove questions, answers & chat"

Your stated intent is "I'd like to post some pictures, share my progress and figure out the best way to get it ready for more use."

I will defer to other member(s) to suggest how / where to proceed at that point HOWEVER
    while you are here, i suggest post some detailed pics of stove as-is.

EDIT:
    ah ha
    [​IMG]
    your stove is very popular here with rich history, it "should have?", it's name stamped right on it iirc

EDIT also, strike that--> Take no offense but it strikes me as odd for now you say only
    "old stove"
    myself, I hope it is an old cabin or camp stove but our membership has discussed many stoves/items beyond "camp stoves". Whatever the stove ,

carry on

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  3. OMC

OMC Subscriber

Just reviewed my comment, to clarify
    re my " "I think", it is best and appreciated by all if you remain aware of what category a discussion is taking place." … and you are all good ! I highlight that you shared already the interest in knowing what to post in what section, excellent.
    That is suggestion going forward in-general as to site organization, not directed at / criticizing you. Sorry, as I reviewed it, I may come off wrong. WELCOME!, Nice stove. ...and I gotta run.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  4. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Welcome!

Just post what you have in the general stove forum, people here are happy to answer questions and no one's going to bite your head off for anything.

5. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Welcome Peter! Truth is, no-one’s going to come crashing down on anybody for posting something in the ‘wrong’ forum. It’s no big deal.

All contributions are gratefully received and you certainly made a great job of introductions and hit the ground running with that M-1942. Great stove and an excellent photo of it - good for you for trying out the practice photo uploading feature on the test page. Intuition or genius, you cracked it right enough.

I’m no expert on your stove, but I did some rather critical work on one - a leaking tank seam - in a post I featured HERE.

John

6. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Welcome. Don't worry about disrupting the flow. You are now in the flow.

7. The Warrior

The Warrior United States Subscriber

Welcome. Fairly new myself.

8. pipenfly

pipenfly Subscriber

I appreciate you all for the welcomes, information and attention to detail! Many thanks!

Prescall, I did read through your tank seam repair last night while I was researching my stove. Fantastic work on saving one of these little gems.

I will start another thread with my progress so far.

I can see how these things can become quite addictive!

Again, I thank you all!

9. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    Welcome.

Cheers

Tony

10. Harder D. Soerensen

Harder D. Soerensen Denmark Subscriber

@pipenfly
    Also a warm welcome from me - Its a great stove. I have one which I use regularly. Even today its a lightweight stove which will work under harsh conditions.

Looking forward to see your project

11. JP2

JP2 Subscriber

Welcome to CCS

12. Optimust

Optimust United Kingdom Subscriber

@pipenfly.

Hello Peter, You did everything right in
    finding CCS. Expert knowledge & advice
    all @ your disposal to feed your new interest. Welcome, & enjoy all you discover. Best wishes for your endeavours. OPTIMUST.