Newark Gathering 10 - 12 June 2022 - Official Announcement

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by Spiritburner, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

The 18th CCS/CPL Annual UK Gathering - Newark

10 - 12 June 2022

You are welcome to join us for the annual gathering at Smeatons Lakes, Newark, Nottinghamshire.
    newark.jpg
    After a 2 year absence due to Covid-19 I'm pleased to confirm the Newark Collectors Gathering will recommence in 2022. Collectors of stoves, pressure lamps & blowlamps are all welcome. Please bring along some of your collection for display! It is also a great opportunity for swaps & trading with other collectors!

Originally a weekend event, many people now arrive early. The field is booked from the Wednesday at our special rate. Please come along even if it's for the Saturday night.
    No need to book but if possible drop me a PT to let me know you're coming so I have a rough idea of numbers.

Cost is £8 per night per tent, caravan or campervan. Extra tents or gazebo's housing displays are free.

We look forward to seeing you there!

More info: DO NOT BOOK IN at reception. Please just pop in to reception & tell them you are attending the lamp & stove rally & they will likely point you in the right direction. I will collect the pitch fees during the event.

A key-card for the main gate barrier is available for a £5 deposit. If you are arriving after 6pm please park up & walk around to the rally field & borrow someone's card to gain access. If the warden is still about & sees you she may let you in herself but please don't disturb her otherwise. Alternatively, from Thursday give me a ring on the mobile & I will let you in. (telno on PDF linked below or PM me) There is a height restriction barrier which is closed around 8pm, preventing high vans or caravans entering or leaving the site. If it is closed you will need to park up until the following morning. It may be possible to come to some arrangement with the warden so if this is an issue give the site a ring. Normal vehicles are not affected.

The normal rate for the site is £24-26 per night for 2 people with a car. Our discount rally rate of £8 per night per tent, caravan or campervan does not include use of the main toilet & shower block. We do have access to the basic mens & womens portakabin toilet close to the rally field which is just toilet & sink. Also the Anglers toilet as in previous years. If you wish to use the showers in the main block by reception there is a fee to pay (£1 I think). The shower block uses a numerical key entry system. In the past some people have paid their fee & passed the number around. This has upset the site manager & as a result you may find they open the door for you rather than giving you the code. If we are trusted again this year please respect the system & pay the fee otherwise it may be difficult to secure the venue or goodwill in future years.

Please Note
    There is another rally taking place the same weekend in the lower part of the rally field. Please ensure you camp in the right area as marked on the map - especially if you are an early arrival. The top part of the field we are using will be taped off by the Friday

We are also asked to keep dogs on leads & not allow them to foul the rally field - obviously accidents do happen in which case you are respectfully asked to clean up after your dog. The site provide a dog walk area.

Please bring a bin bag or two & dispose of your rubbish in the skips provided or take it home. There are no recycling facilities on the site I'm aware of.
    There is fishing available on site but it needs to be booked in advance.

There are no hookups on the rally field

TRADERS - For Trade application please contact me by private conversation.

Smeatons Lakes - website
    Download this page as a PDF

smeatons-lakes.jpg

newark2.jpg

2. G1gop

G1gop United Kingdom Subscriber

Yep we will be there.

3. Surveyor

What about day visits

4. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Not a problem

5. Ian

Ian Subscriber

Deffo! :thumbup:

Probably me & Mr Nipplekey from the Wednesday.

90 days and counting ...

6. Darren Holt

Darren Holt United Kingdom Subscriber

I would like to come to this, I don’t have anything really exciting or rare to show though, but I will fetch something anyway.

7. Greenboy23

Greenboy23 Subscriber

I’ll be there,looking forward to it. Lee

8. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Doesn’t matter Darren, the point is to chill out with pals - eat, drink, mess about with stoves/lamps and preferably not set oneself alight.

John

9. G1gop

John you have jinxed it now!! Lol

10. Jeopardy

Jeopardy Subscriber

looking at the map, the mighty River Trent flows right by the site so plenty of water available.

Regards
    John

11. kev_c

I’m afraid we won’t be able to make it as myself and Paul are going with some others to the Isle of Man for the TT.
    Have fun, and we’ll see you next year

12. CRAZY CRAB

CRAZY CRAB United Kingdom Subscriber

will turn up, do some fishing as well :), at them prices, will turn up Wednesday, what is the other thing going on there, just out of interests

13. CRAZY CRAB

will there be any one there with spares, to bye, and some one who can ark weld , or silver soldering, as I have a few stoves, that need some fixing to get working,

14. CRAZY CRAB

will be brining 5gls of Kerro,

15. G1gop

We will be there from Thursday about midday.

16. presscall

Seems I’m the first here.

New barrier arrangement. No pass card now. Just punch 2075 into the key pad. Top field.

John

17. Twoberth

Twoberth United Kingdom Subscriber

See you tomorrow.

18. Big Si

Big Si Subscriber

See You there Friday mid day.

Si

19. CRAZY CRAB

got delayed 24hrs, so be there thursday, around 1500hrs, depends on how many tractors and push bikes I meet, on way,

20. presscall

Me, Dave, Ian, Nick, Henry, Ted, + bloke I’ve never got the name of.

Got my hair cut in Newark. “You owaypee?” he asked. Yes, I’m an OAP. Nine quid. Happy with the result.