Newark (UK) 2012 - official notice of annual get together

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by Spiritburner, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Matthew92

Matthew92 SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi everyone, Just popping in again. You seem to have more photos of the event over here, I will see if I can encourage some posts over at CPL. Just like to thank everyone here and I will do the same for the lampies for making my first visit so enjoyable. Despite the weather I met a lot of very cheery people which was great. I only took a few photos but here are a couple. Thanks again, best regards Matt

1340214231-Newark6.jpg
    1340214241-Newark9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Ian

Ian Subscriber

Another cracking weekend! Says a great deal for the people that they were prepared to make a go of it knowing that the forecast was utter crap. Thank you to everyone. I went full of good intentions to take loads of pics but got sidetracked somewhere along the way.

3. Doug L

Doug L Subscriber

Its a joy to see all those lamps and stoves. I can imagine all the find and fettle thrills that came with each one of them.I bet many of those finds came with a good story.
    Thanks for sharing.

4. Longilily

Longilily Subscriber

I know why you got sidetracked Ian, I took you to Asda that afternoon ;)

Great bunch of people and next year I'm definately staying over
    :D

Ray

5. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Greetings, Mates,

Another wonderful Newark event, Lads!! My hat is off to one and all for not only braving the elements, but having a fine time in the doing of it!! :thumbup: :clap: :D

It's great to see many of the guys I've met here at CCS, and also quite a few new folks, too. As usual, the stove and lamp displays were fantastic, and the depth and breadth of what was brought was stunning in its scope!

Sweet Bride and I actually love camping in the rain, especially if we're somewhat prepared for it, as it seems you guys were. Sleeping whilst the rain patters on your canvas is magical and hypnotic, and we love doing that. Wish we could have been there to share it all with you! Thanks for the photos and reports, Guys, and I already look forward to next year! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

P.S. Ross, what fly from Coleman are you using for the "Fettlers Arms"? Looks quite large enough, and as it would be MUCH lighter in weight than the large canvas fly that Sweet Bride and I use, we'd like to investigate that further.

6. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin Subscriber

Doc - will send a PT