Newest 96 “ parts stove”

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by IvanN, Jan 16, 2021.

1. IvanN

IvanN United States Subscriber

I received this parts stove not to long ago, a Optimus 96. Besides the obvious missing draft screen, the pump leather was cracked and dry, the screen in he lipstick was missing, and the jet was plugged solid. I heated the lipstick red 3 times and was able to get the pricier to clear the jet. I cut down some copper screen to fit and replaced the pump leather and cap seal. EE2324FB-56A0-4CF1-81AB-FA423B91727B.jpeg This is the result. I was going through my parts and found a extra Primus draft screen. So I can set the sprite can screen aside. I need a tin and I have a complete kit. Bad news is I don’t have the parts for my incomplete stove. :( well, I might have to buy another “parts stove “ :)
    Ivan DC26CC63-6D5C-4470-AC04-1E81474329C9.jpeg

2. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Vicious circle. I have 5 Primus 96 founts I robbed assorted parts from to fix up more valuable or much older stoves in my collection. I have a few other stoves I did what you are doing, best is to only find stoves that are in sorry shape or missing so many parts that they may never live again, but have one or two needed parts.
    Duane

3. CW

CW United States Subscriber

Love to see the RESCUED stoves saved from the bin well done

4. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber