Nor Cal members?? Meet?

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by Randy Field, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Randy Field

Randy Field Subscriber

Hi all,
    New member, lurking here for a while. I'm in San Francisco Bay Area (North Bay) and wondering who is in the area. I do not see anyone has had a Nor Cal meet. Is there interest? I'm also part of Coleman Collectors Forum and have an interest in gas lanterns. Perhaps a dual event? We have been kicking round the idea and trying to settle on a venue for the CCF-Nor Cal spring event. Thought I'd loop this in with CCS.
    Please reply if you have interest.
    Warm Regards,
    Randy

2. Metropolitantrout

Metropolitantrout Subscriber

Hi Randy,
    Welcome and thanks for asking.
    I'm near Santa Cruz and would be interested. There was talk about this year's California meet being closer to central Ca. but I'm not sure what the current status is for that meet. Maybe Doc knows.
    Cheers, Jerry

@Doc Mark

3. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

I'm north of Lake Tahoe, south of Lassen VNP. It's tough getting Kalifornia folks together.
    Duane

4. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@Randy Field , @Metropolitantrout , @hikerduane ,

Hi, Randy,

Welcome to CCS, Sir! I think you will like it here! Jerry is right, we have discussed having the next CASG, which is mainly composed of members from Southern California, and a few from Arizona, plus a few intrepid members from up North, in Central CA. Several locations have been kicked around, and discussed, but I've not chosen one of them as of yet. I am pretty sure that a combined CASG and CCF event would be acceptable to most of our guys and gals. Duane is right, however, in that lots of people always seem to show interest in attending our Stove Gatherings, but when it comes time to actually show up, it's pretty much our usual family of folks, with a few others tossed in. I'm not sure how well attended the Coleman meets are, as I've not had the pleasure of attending one. If the event would turn out to be large, then location would be of paramount importance, as we'd need a huge group camp, with bathrooms, etc, to take care of all those people. Something to consider. One other thing, is that my wife and I are self-employed, and our work schedule is usually fairly full. So, I try to pick dates that would allow us to attend the entire Gathering, and that work well for all others who are planning to attend. This is often NOT an easy thing to do!

In any event, I'd be up for it, and look forward to discussing this further. Again, glad to have you here, and welcome to CCS!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

5. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

And a surprise visit of a stovie, and his wife, from NC.

6. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

@snwcmpr , Hey, Ken,

Absolutely right, my friend!! It was a WONDERFUL surprise to have you and the Mrs. show up and camp with us!! We really appreciated you having made the super long drive to join us, and having your there really put the icing on the cake of that event!!! We've also had some CCS members from overseas join us, too, back when @Trojandog , (Terry), and his lovely wife came to join us!! We love stuff like that, and hope to see our special guests again, either our event, or at theirs!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Mark

7. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

I do like the surprise aspect of it.

8. Cannonball

I'm in, as long as the date works out. I would be bringing lanterns and stoves, and other interesting vintage camping items.

9. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

We might come unless too fur.
    Duane
    IMG_4375.JPG

10. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

Duane, you have any money left after feeding the 'PUP'?
    He keeps getting bigger.

11. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

Repo is 65 lbs. now as of a couple weeks ago, gets Taste of The Wild food, expensive.
    Duane

12. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

13. Rhubarb

Rhubarb Subscriber

Yes. I am interested. As long as it's not too late in the spring.

14. Randy Field

Randy Field Subscriber

Date and location set for Nor Cal Coleman Collectors club meet up. Del Valle campground. March 2.3.4. Lanterns, lamps and stoves. We have sites 40,41,21 so far.
    Anyone from this group will be welcomed.

15. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

So far, looks like maybe three of us are coming in on that Thursday. Mostly looks like Coleman Collectors are going, five guys plus a couple kids so far by Saturday. More room for a great time, as usual will likely be some give away stoves and/or lanterns. I'm bringing a couple gpa's to either sale or give away. The Repo dog will also be there.
    Duane
    IMG_4276_opt.jpg

16. Randy Field

Randy Field Subscriber

More and more keep signing up at the Coleman site. We are at least at ten. Any takers here?

17. hikerduane

hikerduane Subscriber

That many coming now? I've mentioned this on Tacoma World, one guy sounds like he will come, hopefully another bringing a Coleman stove to give away.
    Duane

18. Randy Field

Randy Field Subscriber

Seems like we are into double digits now. I haven’t done a headcount recently but with your guy from Tacoma, some of the one-day guys, and my two kids I think were usually in the double digits. Surprised nobody here has an interest.

19. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

Tacoma? World?

20. teckguy_58

teckguy_58 United States Subscriber

Hi Ed,

There is a Tacoma World. It's a forum for Toyota Tacoma owners and enthusiasts. I'm not sure which one Duane is talking about though. I did look around to see if there is a section on events, but not being a member I can only get so far on the site.

www.tacomaworld.com

There is also a Tacoma World instagram.

www.tacomainstagram.com

Cheers,
    Norman