Norma 10

Discussion in 'Norma 10' started by Junkergirl, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Junkergirl

Can anyone tell me a little bit about this piece? I found this at a garage sale and know it is a German camp stove but no No.10 comes up anywhere. 1388165841-2013-12-27_11-05-01_285_opt__1_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Jeopardy

Jeopardy Subscriber

Hi Junkergirl,
    Please take a look in the German section of the reference gallery under Gustav Barthel (as indicated by the GB logo).
    Most of the Norma branded stoves in there appear to be alcohol burners. You're quite right as there does not appear to be a #10 at present. Does yours have a raised brass fuel tank similar to the E01 that seems to be the closest to yours?
    Once a full identification is available could you post a full set of pictures in there.
    Regards and welcome to CCS.
    John

Perhaps one of the mods can move this to the correct section.

3. Junkergirl

Yes it does. I am new at this site so forgive me for no other pictures.

4. Junkergirl

1388168406-2013-12-27_11-06-10_838_opt.jpg
    Here is another pic.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  5. Jeopardy

Jeopardy Subscriber

Thanks for the additional picture.

How is your German? There are instruction for lighting one of the other Norma stoves in the reference library Link but in the original language. You should check the seals etc before you try but please post a picture once you get it going.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  6. Nordicthug

Nordicthug R.I.P.

Hi Junkergirl,

If you don't know, these little stoves burn denatured alcohol and are dead easy to run. Put some alcohol in the tank and inspect the stove carefuilly to see if the sealants are still good. They most likely are. Then open the fuel valve a litte to allow some fuel to run into the pan under the burner. Not too much. Turn off the fuel and light the fuel in the priming pan. As it burns almost away, open the fuel valve to light the burner. If it doesn't light, no problem, use a match which you would already have handy. Experiment a with flame control. Use the stove a bit to get a handle on it's idiosyncrasies.

Alcohol stoves are exceedingly wind sensitive and require a good wind screen if used outside. A solid footing is good, too. The stove will work better with a pot or frying pan over the flame. Dunno why, it just does.

Gerry