Nova, Nova+, and Polaris Question

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by BradB, Oct 22, 2021.

1. BradB

BradB United States Subscriber

When I bought my Nova a year ago, I also bought the parts kit. At the time I only gave it a cursory look. A week ago I opened the kit and inventoried it. According to the listing on the box, it was missing a fuel filter and a white O ring. I contacted Katadyn and they quickly mailed to me a replacement kit. The new kit has the two fuel filters as advertised but still does not contain that white O ring. Looking at the exploded diagram of the Nova I only see 5 O rings: 1 at the fuel off/on valve, 1 at the quick connect, 1 where the fuel line meets the spindle, and the 2 on the spindle? Is the white O ring a part for the + or the Polaris? Am I not seeing something?

2. itchy

Maybe they are all on a container ship off California.

I might have a Nova parts kit, I'll try to remember to check when I get home.

3. BradB

The box for the kit says there should be 7 O rings. I can only see 5 on the Nova diagram. The+ and Polaris use the same kit, so maybe the Nova doesn’t use them all?

4. HunterStovie

HunterStovie United States Subscriber

@BradB

The white O-ring is for the older NRV that screwed into the bottom of the pump. The new pumps with the NRV at 90 degrees does not need that part.

Mike

5. BradB

Ah, thanks, Mike. Mine is the newer 90 degree type.