On trangia webshop duossal pan cost == HA cost but in ...

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by TRA_A, Jan 14, 2022 at 11:42 AM.

1. TRA_A United Kingdom

In the trangia webshop, I noticed that the spare duossal pan cost equals the spare HA pan cost which is great but but in UK, spare duossal pots have always seemed to have a premium over HA. (from before the UK constitutional choice via referendum , starting with 2nd letter of alphabet, which therefore shall not divert this thread :) ).

I wonder why, I noticed vango site (the official importer?) didnt seem to mention spare duossal pans so is that it?

2. Odd

Probably a choice your local importer have done. Not much to do about that
    you either have to buy the full kit - or bite the bullet and occasionally re-join as an individual
    and buy directly from Trangia in Trångsviken, Sweden, EU... :shock:
    /Odd

3. TRA_A United Kingdom

But trangia seem to have registered for VAT in UK* so I coukd still do so..
    .but the postage would exceed the savings (which was always often true when buying outside UK).

*interesting, given Trangia is a small company and that some big cycle online retailers like rose have not even though I would have thought that they would be losing much more value in UK customers who they could have kept by using that scheme to make it easy for the UK customer.

4. Odd

My personal guess it's a question of revenge, kicking the already laying down Brits "who betrayed
    the European unity". (as is sometimes heard in commercial circles in EU)

I've noted there are more British retailers who have done it the other way around; offering taking
    care of all the red tape that have emerged for EU consumers buying from Britain into the free market
    area - as opposed to companies inside offering the same to the consumers on the British Islets...
    Most probably the market on the inside is vast enough for their needs / interest even without the Brits...

And for all, irrespective on which side of the wall you stand, the end result have ended up in more
    expensive trade across the wall. So many avoid it - until it's totally unavoidable due to lack of local supply...
    /Odd

5. TRA_A United Kingdom

Interesting .

6. TRA_A United Kingdom

Interesting, I had thought successful companies would value income above most things if they wish to stay as such.

7. Odd

If income is still flowing enough - principle can be dealt with just for fun...