Op. 8r windshield.

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by BigScott, Sep 15, 2021.

1. BigScott

BigScott Subscriber

I came across this today. Might give some ideas. No translation but you'll get the idea, however it does repeat itself.

2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

3. BigScott

BigScott Subscriber

I saw that one but the slightly different method of fitting this one appealed to me as an alternative. The Op.99 style windshield was something I should have realised would work.

4. Rangie

Rangie Subscriber

Very useful addition in blustery northern climates.
    Sidescreen worth making as well..... ;)

Alec.

5. pipenfly

I love the idea of blocking wind for any stove. One of my 8R's have similar wind protection for the burner. I'm impressed with the wind shield for preheating. I am leery to add so much more metal to the little stove with such a small fuel tank for fear of overheating, or, at the very least, unnecessary fuel consumption. This makes me want to get an 8R preheater wind shield to add to my already shielded 8R and add a silent BD cap to the whole affair. Maybe a weekend project is in order. Overheating tests sound like a fun time. We'll probably leave the minipump out of this one ;)

6. bbsteinle

bbsteinle United States Subscriber

I use one on the folding nine-panel 5” windscreens from the ‘Bay (see avatar). Cost is about $10-12. Leave the screen open around the tank for ventilation. I also use the 7” tall model for my Optimus 00 and 111B.

Basil