Optimus 00 and Primus 210 Comparision

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by 907_Nick, Jul 13, 2020.

1. 907_Nick

907_Nick United States Subscriber

I tried to search the forum and google for this, but I haven't found much information - I'm probably looking in the wrong spots! I know they they are similar size and looking at the catalogues posted here on the site they appear to constructed pretty similar. I already have an Optimus 45 and a Primus 96 and I was looking for something in the mid size range because this hobby is addicting!

Anyway, should I have any preference between the stoves or are they more or less equal? I found one post here that mentioned the threads where the riser tube attaches may be different between the two depending on the year the stove was made.

2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi @907_Nick the Original Op. 00 and Primus No.210 were both 1pint capacity kerosene stoves with very similar, if not the same performance.

After 1962 and the formation of the PTC the Op.00 and the Pr. 210 became essentially identical as the Op.00 was produced as an Optimus branded product BUT also re-badged as sold as a Primus 210.

The Primus and Optimus No. 0 stoves both had a 1.5 pint size tank ( so intermediate between 1 and 1.75/2 pint tanks size stoves. However, they both used the same size roarer burner as Pr.210 and Op.00 stoves so no increase in power, only burn-time.

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  3. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Here is a thread on the calculated theoretical power for various store classes:

Calculated Stove Powers.

Scan to the end of the thread for the most legible tables.

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  4. 907_Nick

907_Nick United States Subscriber

Thanks so much for all that info!

5. Cookie

Cookie United States Subscriber

As many on here I have both the 00 and the 210. I'll be honest and say that the 210's that I own are more dear to me and pleasing to the eye than my 00. Often I will stop for a gander at a 210 on the net when one is up for auction but I usually scroll past a 00. Honestly it's whatever speaks to you and grabs your interest unless your just collecting for something in particular.