Optimus 00

Discussion in 'Optimus No:00' started by Cookie, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Cookie

Cookie United States Subscriber

This is a newly acquired and fettled stove that I received recently. I did not clean it up any further due to the rich golden color that will some day become a very nice patina I hope. The pictures do not give the golden hue justice. Thanks. John

DSC_0026.JPG DSC_0027.JPG DSC_0028.JPG DSC_0032.JPG DSC_0034.JPG DSC_0035.JPG DSC_0036.JPG DSC_0038.JPG DSC_0042.JPG DSC_0043.JPG DSC_0045.JPG DSC_0046.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2019
  2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi @Cookie . Very smart example of a truly classic stove.

I am intrigued by the pan supports on your stove as I have never before seen serrations on the top of Optimus supports (to give better grip on the bottom of pans and kettles). Primus, however, used them on many of their smaller stoves.

The pan supports on your Op.00 also seem to have a golden colour. Are they made of brass or plated steel?

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

3. Simes

Simes Subscriber

They certainly have the Optimus bend and not Primus, don't remember another example.

4. Cookie

5. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi, I thought that might be the case.
    These brass legs look good but they are more expensive than plated steel ones, and they get really hot in use.
    Brass is a really good conductor of heat, and if you happen to touch one on a operating stove you can get a burn!

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

6. Cookie

My original concern was that if the legs were to come into direct flame contact then perhaps they might bed or warp under the load of a pot full of water. they don't appear to be diverting the flame in any way. we'll see how it goes.