Optimus 111 with special box from Taiwan

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by boknasild, Aug 13, 2019.

1. boknasild

boknasild Subscriber

Hello all

Ever since I saw Bernie Dawgs brilliant post about Shelterbox Nomad boxed Optimus stoves, I have always been looking for one like it. Check the link below. This summer I found one similar on Ebay from Taiwan. And when I had an unused Optimus 111 without box , I ordered one. Box is quite well made of 1,2 mm stainless steel welded together. No sharp edges. Dimensions are 105x195x235 mm ( HxWxL ). With the Optimus 111 installed the weight was 3 kg pluss. I made two modifications. One for fastening the control wheel and for the small wrench I pot riveted a clip to hold it. I have not yet fired it up but will soon. The box also came with a carying case.

Bjørn

Nomad Cobra Multifuel Stove - Gen.1

IMG_2324.JPG IMG_2326.JPG IMG_2327.JPG IMG_2328.JPG IMG_2329.JPG IMG_2330.JPG IMG_2331.JPG IMG_2332.JPG IMG_2334.JPG IMG_2335.JPG

2. Blueflame111

Blueflame111 United States Subscriber

Really nice looking case!

3. SimonFoxxx

SimonFoxxx Subscriber

Very well made, shows how clever people can be

4. Cookie

Cookie United States Subscriber

I have been eyeballing those cases and was going to use it as an excuse to rescue a 111. I just don't have a 111 yet lol. Excellent set up ! Thanks for feeding my stovepox :content:

5. OMC

OMC Subscriber

Thanks Bjorn.

Ah hah! Cookie you're in Florida and you've found this case, cool.
    Cookie, all,
    Our site frowns upon posting ebay links, except in Auction watch, can anyone provide the exact title to aid with an ebay search.
    You might even include price w/comment... BIN or sold price if available.
    I myself, and others too likely, find it is an interesting option and those of us who have not yet seen it offered would be interested to learn more.
    Thx omc
    PS OHO # on case, OHO logo on bag and case
    OHO111a.JPG

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 5:08 PM
  6. Christer Carlsson

Christer Carlsson Moderator SotM Winner

Yes, OHO indeed.
    Just search for oho stove case, and you will find them.

There's also a version made for Radius 12 (and probably also No.10), and that's even more interesting since these tanks with burner often pop up alone on their own, without the stove range they belonged to.

7. Afterburner

VERY sturdy case! :thumbup::clap: Rivet for jet&packing key clip seems a bit weird? :-k

8. boknasild

boknasild Subscriber

@Afterburner
    I fixed the clip by riveting it in place. I did not want to have the key rattling around in the box.What is weird about that ? Use bolt and nut maybe ?:)
    Bjørn

9. Harder D. Soerensen

Harder D. Soerensen Denmark Subscriber

10. Cookie

Cookie United States Subscriber

@OMC sent you a pm

on ebay search for "OHO 3S Stove Case for Optimus 111 - with bag - Stainless Steel"

I was searching to make a perfect emergency stove for long term use during hurricanes and such. Not really looking for something lightweight since it will stay here at home. I have other stoves for carrying purposes.

11. Afterburner

@boknasild Ok, it was a DIY fix. I thought that it was original. Everything else is welded so rivet for the clip seemed a bit weird for me. Also rivet is extending from the surface so that increased weirdness factor few microns. :D

12. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom Subscriber SotM Winner

Hi @boknasild when I was rebuilding an Op.111T I had to re-attach a closure spring clip. I did not have access to a spot welder, so re-attached the spring closure catch by drilling a hole and using a stainless steel button-head bolt and lock-nut. It works well and looks neat:

Optimus 111T rebuild.

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

13. boknasild

boknasild Subscriber

@kerophile
    Yes I remember reading the post of your rebuild. I just had to use what I had available. This stove is heavy so it will stay in the car.
    Bjørn