Optimus 22

Discussion in 'Optimus No:22 (all variants)' started by SNOWGOOSE, Jan 25, 2013.

1. SNOWGOOSE

Photos reproduced with the kind permission of the seller:

1359141172-1.JPG

1359141192-2.JPG

1359141260-3.JPG

1359141289-4.JPG

1359141310-5.JPG

1359141331-7.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Admin

Admin Courtesy of Iani

In his Listing he shows every angle of the tin, except the underside, and looking at the bottom of the inside of the tin, with all that gunge, crud and rust, I wouldn't mind betting its full of pin holes.

Snowgoose - personally, I dont think it is etiquette, of putting sellers stoves on CCS, which is obviously from a live auction. This should go in Auction Watch, and then once the auction has finished, then place the pictures in the SRG. Not that I see the point, as there are several of these, and others that you have put on, from this seller, which others members already have in the SRG, unless you are on a commission.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  3. Wim

Wim Subscriber

It looks like a heavy coat of protective paint to me, like used on the underside of cars. I guess, if the underside would be rotten, the rest of the case would not look that good. Might be wrong of course. Maybe a question to the seller might help?

Best regards,

Wim

4. SNOWGOOSE

Quite frankly I feel like saying F**k It I wont bother in future.

1. I object to your insinuation that I am on "commission".

2. I have had access to many of these photos before they appear on Ebay.

3. It is absolutely no problem for me to post these after the auction....which I have done for several of the Radius 43's which I will do in future.

All I have wished to do is make photos available for the archive.

5. clancambo

clancambo Australia Subscriber

Stay with it Snowgoose, Iani will most likely withdraw his harsh comments shortly. Some of us would like to continue to see these photos for our education and information sake.

Ian

6. Trojandog

Trojandog United Kingdom Subscriber

I have the view that the more images we have of a stove, the better we are able to identify any differences. Even if the stove or variant is already in the SRG, it is often the one odd view that clinches the identification.

Also, in order to establish variants, we must know what is the norm.

As to the etiquette of posting images from a live auction, I can't see the problem. The seller has given permission and Snowgoose has not linked to the auction or even mentioned it! Hardly the actions of someone "on commission"??

The posters of ID questions are often told to "do some research in the SRG". All members should be encouraged to post to the reference galleries, not lambasted for doing so.

Keep up the good work Snowgoose. Most of us appreciate your efforts. :clap:

7. threedots New Zealand

Thanks for showing this stove.
    I have had a couple of these with the 4 leaf clover pot supports. Blue and the lighter dull green colours.

I like how the pot supports can be lifted up using the hindge at the back.
    It makes access a lot easier getting to and around the burners for quick clean ups etc..
    They are stronger and able to carry bigger capacity pots, compared to the usual 2 rail type pot supports that the earlier 22's had.

Paint blistering on the bottom inside isn't unusual from preheating alcohol spillage under and around the burners, or if there has been a fire. Usually from poor preheating or none at all.
    No real problem to tidy it up again if you wanted to. John

8. Rangie

Rangie Subscriber

I couldn't care less if its a live auction or not! If it's reproduced with the owner's permission, there's no issue.

Snowgoose doesn't specifically mention an auction number etc so there's no reason for thinking its pictures, notionally, from a private seller.

I have never seen one of these in the flesh, therefore the more pictures available to compare and contrast the better! :mrgreen:
    Keep it up man!

Alec.

9. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

Thanks SNOWGOOSE

Ken in NC

10. SNOWGOOSE

Thanks guys.

11. Christer Carlsson

Christer Carlsson Moderator SotM Winner

Well, the idea with having a dedicated section - the auction watch - is that it shall be an extra service for those who are paying a subscription. And also to prevent that too many read the spoiler of a good auction that these posts often are.
    So I absolutely think Iani has a valid point in that we not shall post things from live auctions in the open foras, even when it's not clearly saying it's from an ongoing auction.
    Better then to just wait with posting the photos until the auction has ended.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  12. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

If he had said "Photos reproduced with the kind permission of the OWNER:" it would have been ok????

Ken in NC

13. Christer Carlsson

Much better.
    But still, why the rush?
    It's so easy to wait out the auction.

14. SNOWGOOSE

Ken,

That is exactly what I will do in future - as I did here:

https://classiccampstoves.com/threads/23914

Oh and Christer...you will note that I have NEVER mentioned an auction when putting the stove photos in the Archive...on the other hand, recently Iani has posted the link from my posts to an auction...pot, kettle, black comes to mind.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  15. Christer Carlsson

Of course I will note that. I already did! If you read my post better you will see that I said "...even when it's not clearly saying it's from an ongoing auction".
    People understand that it's from an auction site anyway.
    Just take it easy and post after the auction has ended.

16. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, Snowgoose,

HUMMMM..... :-k :-k Seems like another "much ado about nothing", to me! I have not a single problem with how your chose to do this, and in fact, have done the same thing myself, with the same permission of the seller/owner of a PW stove that I posted here. It's funny that I was thanked for doing that, by both seller, and CCS interested folks, yet you were not! Well, I say keep up the great work, and share whatever you wish here. Your stuff is always of interest, whether it be things like this, or your regular outings with stove, tea, lovely photos, and your dogs!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :D Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

17. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

Yeah, Snowgoose, you are alright in my book.
    I always look forward to your postings.

Ken in NC

18. jkline

Those pics made me drool. Keep posting, auction or not.

Quit starching your panties, gentlemen.

19. bajabum

bajabum R.I.P.

Doc is right, Much ado about Less than nothing... [-X

Now, everybody make a note, 'Today, 26 January, 2013, Doc was right'...

God knows, it doesn't happen very often :whistle:

Back to Stoves, Lads! :D/

20. David Shouksmith

David Shouksmith Subscriber

[-X Now stop it at once, Steve - that's dangerously close to 'bagging the s**t' out of Doc... ;) :lol: