Optimus 22

Discussion in 'Optimus No:22 (all variants)' started by SNOWGOOSE, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Ahem...... Now, Baja and David, what am I to do with the pair of you??!! Usually, when you're about to "bag the s**t out of me, you at least have the common decency to give me time to put on that pink silk outfit, so I'll be dressed properly for the occasion!!! My, my...how the proprieties have gone missing here at CCS.....!! [-( [-X [-X :-({|= :-({|= :^o :^o :^o :^o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very good, Mates! I'll buy the next round!! ;) ;) :content: :content: Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc (who enjoys having the s**t bagged out of him....when properly attired!!) ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

2. magikbus

I'm just curious here, but as someone who has never bought anything from an auction, online or not....what in the original posting should I have noticed that would have told me these weren't pics copied from an old auction?

I don't see how anyone could determine if this was a current or past auction.

An inquiring mind would like to know?
    Stan

3. idahostoveguy

idahostoveguy R.I.P.

I'm ok with pictures being posted after the auction is over. The only thing that would bother me is if I had won the auction and someone beat me to the post with my stove!

Don't mean to stir up the hornets nest if that's what my comment does. If so, my apologies in advance.

sam

4. Christer Carlsson

Christer Carlsson Moderator SotM Winner

Don't worry Sam. I'm sure no one will be upset because we discuss things in a civil manor, and if they are... well then something is very wrong.
    You bring up the other aspect I actually have been discussing with others here:
    I had that same thought. Many people love to show their stoves here and especially new finds.
    It's almost a bit like they are "robbed" of that when their stoves already have been posted by someone else just before their purchases.
    And be assured that many of those stoves that are sold on eBay will find their way to members in here. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  5. Pinky

Pinky Subscriber

I have been guilty of posting pictures and a link to an auction that was current myself, but will refrain from doing so in the future. I'm interested to hear a consensus though. A lot of stoves do make their way here, but a lot don't as well, particularly the weird ones that don't get many auction page views and deserve to be in the reference gallery.

Perhaps there could be a gentleman's agreement on a certain time period to refrain from posting if you didn't purchase the stove? A period that would allow for international shipping and fettling time? A few months sounds reasonable to me if I was the purchaser.

Another factor to consider is that the auction pictures that do get posted are generally of very high quality, showing details that are often hard to convey. They tend to make comparing subtle differences much easier. Pictures of such high quality are tough to replicate, which is why they end up in the reference gallery in the first place.

6. Dutch_Peter

It drives up the price as well when more people are attracted to the auction.

Moreover, it feels like cheating to me.
    I'm sorry in advance if I offend anyone.