Optimus 22

Discussion in 'Optimus No:22 (all variants)' started by MrAlexxx, Aug 18, 2018.

1. MrAlexxx

MrAlexxx Subscriber

Grabbed another 22 that was for sale locally. I'm weak I couldn't say no to another 22. For what it's worth, in my opinion one of the best all around suitcase style stoves. Not sure how to date it but has the earlier straight bar grate so earlier version, I guess? This one came with a in decent shape spirit priming can. That was nice. First stove I've got with that can. Also a tin with a book of matches. Kind of interesting Sharkey's Beach House closed down in the mid 1980's. I vaguely remember it. The building was an old funeral home before it became a restaurant. Kind of an unusual looking building so it's easy to remember. It still stands but now as a sushi restaurant. Maybe was the last time the stove was lit? Fuel in the tank was clear but smelled bad. Everything turned as it should and it pumped up so gave it the prime and away it went. Later changed out the pip and found that the NRV spring was broken but still worked. Swapped that out and gave the pump cup some oil. Burns fierce! :)

1.JPG 3.JPG 2.JPG 4.JPG 7.JPG DSC08633.JPG

2. Garth

Theyre a tough little unit im 3rd generation owner of mine bought new by my grandfather untouched till last year when I shouted it spindles and washer kit

3. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

Sweet.

4. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

A great one.

5. Marc

Marc Subscriber

Well done! A 22 is definitely on my list.