OPTIMUS 535 A - cleaning needle and jet

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by Peter Ockenfels, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Peter Ockenfels

Peter Ockenfels Subscriber

Hello to you all

I am the proud owner of a fine running OPTIMUS 535 A. Both burners do well but the right one is lacking the cleaning needle. Does it make sense to use one from a kerosene burner? I am not sure as the orifice of the alcohol burner jet is wider than the kerosene one. Which leads me to my second question does anyone have an idea if and where new jets for this alcohol burners are available.
    Is it posable to widen a kerosene jet? And if so to what diameter?

Thanks in advance for your help
    All the best
    ocki

2. boknasild

boknasild Subscriber

Hello

The jet/nipple for this alcohol burner ( 209 N ) is # 2508. The needle with rack is #2456.
    I may be wrong but I think the nipple is the same as used when converting 111 silent to alcohol.
    Check With Conny at fogas.se if they have in Stock.

Bjørn

3. Staffan Rönn

Staffan Rönn SotM Winner Subscriber

Jet 2508 had diameter 0,51 mm orifice. The 2509 had 0,32 mm orifice. It is correct that 2508 was part of the alcohol kit for 111 Hiker. In addition to Fogas in Sweden, Chr. Weimeister in Hamburg (noting that Peter is from Germany) could be a possible source. They were for decades the Optimus service station in Germany.

4. Peter Ockenfels

Thank you for the comments and information. I already contacted fogas in Stockholm but Conny is on vacation. So I will wait for her to come back. Chr. Weimeister I know and will give them a call and ask them too. Regarding the needle I try one that I have for the kerosene version. I hope to get the stove ready for the vacation we start in three weeks. But if not we take the kerosene one with us.

All the best
    Peter

5. Christer Carlsson

Christer Carlsson Moderator SotM Winner

Him... Conny is a 'he'.
    It's is a male name.
    You are probably thinking about Connie, which is a female name. Atleast in Anglo saxon countries.

6. Peter Ockenfels

Oh! Didn’t know that. My wife’s name is Conny...

7. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Greetings, @Peter Ockenfels ,

I believe you can source those parts at Basecamp, in the UK, too. A few months ago, I bought new jets, cleaning needles, and other parts for my two Optimus 535 stoves from Mike, and he's a straight up Gentleman, and an honest seller. Here is their email address: spares@base-camp.co.uk
    Good luck, and God Bless!

Every God Wish,
    Doc