Optimus 80 Army No7 case compatibility

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Army J, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Army J

Army J Subscriber

Need some advice before purchase. I have a Army No7 stove with case. All is well with that one. However i was given a new case without the stove. Would an optimus 80 fit? As i have the option of one of those but it's too far away to try out my theory. Any advice would be helpful as i really like these stoves and would like to make this work.

Regards
    John

2. Simes

Simes R.I.P.

I've not checked and working from a poor memory the No 7 stove is an 80. Better memories will be along soon, or check the reference gallery, which is where I'm heading.

Edit.

This may help

British Army No7

3. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

4. OMC

OMC United States Subscriber

ArmyJ
    You say you "...have a Army No7 stove with case. All is well with that one."
    So you're aware the tank & filler cap used, originally, are sourced from later example Op 80 / Primus 71. Unmarked tanks, just peel off the label (the later 71s & 80s use the exact same tank & filler cap).
    Here is *an excellent ref. example, link. of a complete original No.7. BTW be sure to scroll down in that link and check out kerophile modification (for if/when a burner may sit a tad high).

So re your upcoming purchase, IF you prefer "as original" then take note of the vintage. MANY can be made to work but if you are buying the stove/tank for this purpose, the correct vintage will cost no more than any other (less if anything).
    Another factor in this is the No. 7 uses a Svea 123R burner. Again many combinations "can fit" into No. 7 case.
    The "original" uses the self cleaning 123R burner ("I think" is also tad shorter" to allow for use of taller/ larger tank). Many "other" options are shorty/smaller tank & no change-out of the burner.
    ^^^^ as i recall it anyway. Good luck.
    thx omc

*the thread has no explanation of the tool shown with that particular No. 7 :-k, nor do I at the moment.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  5. kerophile

6. kerophile

Hi @OMC you asked about the tool shown in the post about a genuine British Military No.7 stove (seen on right of this image:

upload_2019-10-4_15-36-23.jpeg

British Army No. 7 Stove New never used

I believe that this tool could be the “multi-tool provided with the British Military No.12 cooker. This tool functions as both a jet/NRV removal tool or a regulator stuffing-box key, depending on which end is selected:

upload_2019-10-4_15-28-28.jpeg

2007 British Army No. 12

Best Regards,
    Kerophile,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019