Optimus 99 Mini Fettle, HELP ??

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by colemanblues, Aug 15, 2011.

1. colemanblues

Hey Guys,
    Starting my first fettle :shock: with a Optimus 99 mini, and a 8R possibly at same time.So I need advive on what to NOT mess up.I need all washers,Etc needed, If someone Spiritburner has them, I will buy from him.

But the spirit cup has me confused. I am not used to warming something up, before use. So I do not know exactly what I need. I have heard of Paste,Some sort of spongie stuff??

Need some advice on inside of tank. Looks good, but what does it need to help.

Also is there a certain way to remove needle valve, and replace? And some new wick material would be good. Where do I pick it up. Will need Several, going to work on several stoves in the future.

Any advice, and CCS parts houses selling things needed,let me know Please.

i know the 99 mini is no biggie, just want it write. So I can Run with the BIG DOGS :D/ :whistle: .

Thanks to all in Advance, God Bless to all
    Duane

2. davidcolter

The tanks are brass so they just need a rinse. You preheat with denatured alcohol that you dribble over the burner until it pools in the cup. You can use the fuel from the tank but its sooty.

You will need to make an NRV tool to fetch out the valve from the base of the pump on the 111. I used some steel round bar, a grinding wheel and a hand file to make mine. Some duct tape wrapped around the shaft to center it in the pump tube is a big help.

You shouldnt mess with the control valve unless there is something actually wrong with it.

3. colemanblues

Davidcolter,
    Thank you for the advice.I can use all I can get at this point. Would be nice to find a fellow CCS member close, here in Ky,

Thanks Again

4. colemanblues

Dear colemanblues,
    Your spelling really #*^!@&. I think I could have done better. If we can't have fun, what's the use????

Bless All,

5. bajabum

bajabum R.I.P.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  6. colemanblues

bajabum,
    Thanks,that has pictures. That is something I can conneect with. What a great job they done on that link. There should be a link like that for every type stove, lamp, etc. Then, there could be and I cannot find it.

Thanks again, God bless

7. bajabum

bajabum R.I.P.

Don't thank me, Thank Ross (spiritburner).
    I've used that link many times!
    All Hail Ross!
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

8. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Not me - If you check out the top of the article you'll see it was written by our Ian (Marson)