Here are detail photos of an early 1920s Optimus No. 1, which appears to have had a silent burner for its entire life (this is the "new" silent burner introduced in 1924 by Primus and, therefore, by Optimus around the same time, with the detachable inner and outer hoods (previous silents had a fixed perforated shield with a lid). Other than the burner (which was probably fitted when the stove was originally sold) this is entirely original (down to the filler cap, airscrew and pump assembly). Also included are photos of the (rare) original box with its flip-top lid and image of the stove within. It has the same shallow tank that is seen from 1912 or so, but the pump chamber is no longer the extended one with a separate cap concealing the NRV. Other than a clumsy repair around the filler cap, this one is in excellent condition, and retains its original cast-iron trivet.