Optimus No:100 *

Discussion in 'Optimus No:100' started by Doc Mark, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Morning, Gents,

I took a few photos of my dirty, old Optimus 100 this morning. As mentioned before, mine has it's burner tube, and the burner basket, along with part of the silent burner, too. But, its missing the outer cap of the silent burner. So, I had Stove Mate, Albert White, cast me a roarer flame spreader, so that this stove could function. It works very well. Here's a photo of the 100, in roarer mode. Note that I also have a completely different roarer burner for this stove, also made by Optimus, with many thanks to Nordic Thug, who kindly sent this burner to me!!!

1355086765-DSCN2059.jpg

Here's a shot of the stove with it's silent burner part installed. Someday, I'll find a replacement outer cap for this burner, and then have all it's bases covered. I'm patient, and am certain that one will come to me, someday!

1355086773-DSCN2058.jpg

This last photo shows the 100 with it's other Optimus roarer burner installed. Thuggy originally gave me this burner to use on my neighbor, Virgil's, stove. But, when I found out that the rising tube was actually meant for an Optimus 100, well, I kept it for myself!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ;) 8) :D

1355086782-DSCN2057.jpg

One day, maybe I'll get "Trevor-itis" and spend some time cleaning up this old Guy!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: 8) 8) :D :D It has certainly EARNED that kind of consideration, after all the years of faithful service, since it was manufactured!!! Until then, I'm just glad to have found it and added it to my collection. Got this old timer back in 1990, and it was my 75th stove! I got it at that same old swap meet which has produced most of my stoves, and it came with: the cast iron pot support ring and it's legs, two burner plates, a paper bag of extra parts, including - vaporizer tube, spirit cup, extra nipple (for some other stove), spindle (for some other stove), and a bag of washers. For this "Bounty from Heaven", I paid the Princely sum of $2.00!!!!!! Is that super cool, or what??!!??!! Take care, and God Bless!!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc Mark

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. shagratork

shagratork United Kingdom Moderator, R.I.P. Subscriber

Hi Doc

Great looking stove.
    I do think that your 100 deserves a little TLC, poor thing.
    Hopefully, you will get that silent burner cap at some stage. Does the cap clip on, screw on, or just sit on the top?

By the way, I love the small cast iron trivet. Much, much better than the pressed steel ones. The only cast ones I have are for my Primus and Optimus No 2.
    Does anyone, by chance have a spare cast iron trivet for a No 3??

3. hikin_jim

Hi, Doc,

Old post I know, but there is the fellow up in Oregon who I hear makes a pretty decent silent cap...

HJ

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015