Optimus No.4

Discussion in 'Optimus No:4' started by Admin, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Admin

Admin Courtesy of Iani

Here you are : Optimus No 4

1247402389-Optimus_No_4__7.jpg

1247402466-Optimus_No_4.jpg 1247402794-Optimus_No_4___9.jpg 1247402862-Optimus_No_4___11.jpg 1247403031-Optimus_No_4___3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi Ian, I like your Op.4. Lovely stove. I take it thay you are running with a "Con" silent burner cap.

Check your fuel filler cap with the one shown in this post:

https://classiccampstoves.com/threads/4508

It should help in dating your stove.

I note that the riser tube of your stove has a solder repair. This joint appears to have been the point of weakness on these No.4 stoves as I have seen several with solder repairs in this location.

Thanks for sharing images of your "new" stove.

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  3. Admin

Admin Courtesy of Iani

Hi Kerophile

The burner cap is from a Primus 4, and the Primus stove is dated U13, which is in absolute brilliant nick.

I am waiting on getting three silent burner caps, from Base Camp, 2 of which I understand are marked Primus, and 1 unmarked, which will go on the Optimus 4.

The burner head which was with Op 4, is from a Primus dated AD1, so I have transferred that to the Primus 4, which seems the appropriate thing to do.

The filler cap was from a Primus on the Op 4, so I had a spare Optimus filler cap, so I put that on. but its not the filler cap as in the pictures on your stove.

The solder repairs I can clean up no problem, although its is slightly more difficult than on a 2 pint stove.
    Normally I would soften the solder up with a blowtorch, and then drag it off with a soft wire brush, but with the Op 4, I'll have to use small files.
    Perhaps 800 wet and dry with paraffin as a lubricant, as I find water badly stains, then use 1200 grade to finish off.
    Then I polish up with Brasso.

Cheers
    Ian