Optimus Nr 2 - slightly used

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by A A C, Feb 20, 2021.

1. A A C

A A C Norway Subscriber

01C8FB0E-2117-4543-B047-24E135AD7EEB.jpeg 927F7EBE-F676-4143-A2CC-EC07C172F620.jpeg 49C7CA7B-BCC2-4F20-8F61-061E34A29ED7.jpeg EABCC956-3BC2-472E-9977-4BB08C611848.jpeg DD7B622B-D0AE-4B12-A2D4-E09BF3D7B3BF.jpeg
    Just got this Optimus Nr 2 as a freebie when I bought a Radius Nr 1.
    It has a Radius filler cap , no marking on the pump cover, no marking on the bottom of the tank except an ‘O’ which I now know has nothing to do with the age of the stove. I do however like the very professional repair to one of the legs , you can hardly see the the join !:^o. Is there any clues to which era this stove is from ?

2. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    @A A C

I can’t help you with the age of the stove, but these No. 2 stoves are great! I use mine often for stir-frying with a wok.

I have quite a few stoves with that kind of solder repair on the legs! I see in your other post that you certainly have the skills to make it look better than it does now.

Cheers

Tony

3. A A C

A A C Norway Subscriber

Cheers Tony . I will certainly have a go at it . All you guys on here are so encouraging . I feel I have learnt a great deal very quickly . Applying the knowledge practically is a bigger challenge :shock:. This thing takes half a gallon of paraffin ! Wow

4. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    If you don’t have the flame ring for the burner, you should see if Fogas.se has one; or The Base Camp (UK).

Cheers

Tony

5. A A C

A A C Norway Subscriber

Yes , I checked , they have a cast-iron stivet as well . I will do the classic Kerophile « make a brew» test before I order . I got in in the mail , when I unpacked it and took a first look I unscrewed the screw on the filler cap , there was a woosh ! It was holding pressure . Been in the post for nearly a week !