Optimus ranger 10 - how to use safe?

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by OptimusprimeNorway, Jan 22, 2021.

1. OptimusprimeNorway Norway

I took a new test today with one of my stoves. It was -10 ° C (14.0 ° F) outside. I used alcohol for preheating instead of pumping up the tank and releasing kerosene into the preheating cup as stated in the instructions on the lid. When the preheating was almost done, I carefully opened the valve. The stove began to burn with a beautiful strong blue flame. I did not need to pump up any pressure. No fuel came out of the safety valve either. I think I will stop using the pump since the pressure is good enough. IMG_20210127_185944.jpg

2. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

@OptimusprimeNorway ,

LOVELY blue flame!! Well done! In truth, I, too, use Meths for priming, as it's cleaner in that task than kerosene. But, I do keep my pump handy, especially in the bitter cold, just to make sure the pressure stays where I want it to be. Again, nice job, and thanks for sharing! Take care, and God Bless!

Doc

3. OptimusprimeNorway Norway

Thanks. It really is a powerful little stove. I feel there is more power in this one than in many of the other small Optimus stoves. Probably because the burner is so close to the tank and because it does not have a heat shield. The burner also works well. Does anyone know if this burner is specially made for this stove, or is it similar to the one in Optimus 199?

4. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi, think of the Op.10 Ranger as having the burner from an Op.111 with the fuel tank of an Op. 8R. The burner is rated at around 2.5 KW, so roughly twice the power of an Op. 8R.

Best Regards,
    Kerophile,

5. afoton

It has the same Cobra-burner as the 111C (but with shorter pipe, so they are not interchangeable). And Optimus said it has 3kW.
    O P T I M U S - 10 Ranger

199 had the same same trippel fuel burner as 111T.