Optimus stove sizes

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Boston Terrior man, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Boston Terrior man

Hi everybody

i have a question about Optimus stoves and physical sizes. looking at the reference gallery what i cant make out is the size in relation to other models. The numbering seems to have nothing to do with the physical size as my 99 is about the same size as my 8R. I just got a 00 model and this thing is actually smaller then a Coleman 502. For some strange reason i figured these were closer in size to a 500 series Coleman. How big is the Optimus 45 or maybe a better way of asking is what are the larger single burner stoves for Optimus/Primus or SVEA?
    BTM

2. BernieDawg Banned

BTM
    Check this thread from a while back.

https://classiccampstoves.com/posts/97275

The picture in the greeting card shows a goodly number of the common stove sizes. Down a few posts is a key to which stove is which. Stoves are generally referred to by pint sizes, like 1 pint, two pint, 1.75 pint, etc. Searching through the catalogs you will easily find that most catalog entries for stoves refer to the capacities of the tanks in pints so it should be an easy matter to compare others that are not covered in my greeting card post.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Gary

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  3. Boston Terrior man

Thanks BernieDawg
    wow what a great photo!!

Just to be sure the big fellow in the back is a Primus number 3?

4. BernieDawg Banned

Yessir, BTM. All those stoves are fired in the photo which I took during a rare Willamette Valley snowfall. There was a *lot* more snow on the doug fir when I started, but the 3 was melting it off pronto. :shock: :lol:

Hope that helped some. The catalogs aren't for everyone since they are rather dry reading (especially if they are not in your native language) but that's where the good info on stoves resides.

Cheers,
    Gary