Optimus SVEA 123 R Thanks to @Lamp_Doctor I now have my first SVEA 123 stove. More accurately an Optimus Svea 123R. Previously it had been owned by a school in Bendigo, Victoria and was stove N0.7 in the Outdoor Education Department. It had been well use. As received it needed a good clean inside and out. Removed the valve noting the spindle was aligned with the 1 in 123 R. The wick and wire was corroded into the valve and broke when I tried to remove it. The easiest way to get it out was to burn the old wick out with a fine torch. I used Mop strands to make the replacement. Removed the spindle and cleaned up the tapered seat in a drill with emery paper. I also replaced the graphite seal as it fell apart whilst removing the spindle. Replaced the SRV seal and the cap seal. The cleaning wire was broken and needed replacing. A recent thread by @Twoberth laid out a method to replace the pricker wire in a cleaning rack. And suggestions by other members were also very helpful. https://classiccampstoves.com/threa...s-111-cleaning-needle-rack.39842/#post-418205 The wire wouldn’t come out of the rack so decided to slice a groove in the rack and mount the wire that way. · Knocked up a sliding guide to hold the rack steady whilst it was fed into the diamond cutting blade mounted in a Dremel. Several passes were made to get the correct depth. · Cut a piece of 1mm OD x 0.4mm ID brass tube to length. (nominal dimensions from packet) · Cut a piece of #25 hypodermic needle to the same length. Despite the discrepancy in nominal dimensions the needle slid into the brass tube. · Cut a piece of #10 steel guitar string (0.26mm dia) twice as long as the tubes. · Slide the three together with some of the wire extending both ends and position in the rack. · Filed a piece of 5% silver brazing rod, mixed the filings with flux and applied to the area to be soldered. The mixture melts more easily than a rod and there is less chance of disturbing the needle. · Applied heat to the rack until the filings flowed. Being careful not to apply flame directly to the wire. The braise did not fill the grove but the tubes and wire are firmly fixed in place. · Cleaned it then inserted the wire through the jet orifice and trimmed to length. Finished assembling the stove and made a handle for the pot. I also have an old billy from the early 1970's that the stove fits in nicely. The pot it comes with is a little small and this billy will protect the stove.