Oregon Mini-Meet

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by bajabum, Dec 3, 2010.

1. bajabum

bajabum R.I.P.

Hi All,
    While I was on Holiday up in Oregon, I met up with DavidOR for a quick Mini-meet, at a local resturant.
    Just lunch, and an hour or so of BS.
    David is an neat guy, and has lots of interesting stories!

1291397128-davidor1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. RonPH

Lovely picture...what no beer?

Hope you had a lovely trip up north.

Hoping to do the same if I have free time.

Ron

3. DavidOR

Great meeting you and your family, Steve. I was surprised they stuck around as long as they did before heading to the antique store next door.

You left at a good point because we got a lot of heavy slushy snow the last couple of days.

No beer, Ron. At least for me, the wintertime is not really beer drinking weather in light of a problem I had about 40 years ago with alcoholic beverages. I liked the stuff way too much, but still allow myself to enjoy a really cold one on a hot summer day.

4. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Evening, Baja and David,

Great that you guys got together, and who knows, that could be the beginning of more Stove Gatherings up that way!! Yahoo!! 8) :thumbup: :D/ :D :D David, you are a wise man to forgo the alcohol and control intake, and I tip my hat to you, Sir!! Well done!! Thanks for sharing your mini-meet, Guys, and here's to many more, and to some Gatherings up there, too! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

5. Russ in California

For us newbies and not 'in the know'...who's who here? :-k
    8)

6. Wim

Wim Subscriber

Easy! The one with the moustache is Steve! ( :-k or David) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Wim

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  7. RonPH

The one with the Santa beard is Steve on the left and havent seen David in person but there's only two of them :lol:

Ron

8. flivver

flivver United States Subscriber

Beard?? The one on the left is Baja aka Steve so the one on the right is David. Mike...

9. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, Ron,

Flivver is right! Baja has never had a beard, at least since I've known him, and that's been for quite a few years, now!! He does, however, have one honking moustache, and has had that since I first met him! As Flivver says, Baja is on the left, and David, the "other guy with a moustache", is on the right!! Back when we first met Baja and Mrs Baja, they camped right here in Crestline, down by the lake, and Sweet Bride and I went down to visit them! Steve and I fired up a couple of stoves, just for fun, and it was fun having them come through our area so we could meet!! Here are a few photos of that fun mini-meet, which I've share here before (Please note, Brother Ron, that Baja is STILL the one on the left!!):

1291480396-DSCN1889_opt.jpg

1291480422-DSCN1894_opt.jpg

By the way, Ron, in case you've forgotten, Baja is not only still on the left, but also STILL the one with the moustache!!! ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc (who loves mini-meets, get-togethers, camping trips, backing trips, and Gatherings!!!!)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  10. DAVE GIBSON

DAVE GIBSON Subscriber

no beer, i can see that but no stoves burning away on the table!!!

11. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Hey, Uncle Dave,

That's why I included the second photo, showing Baja's Primus 71, and my little Borde, happily burning away in the otherwise darkness of night!! ;) ;) 8) :D :D :thumbup:

Ahhhhh, mini-meets are fun!! One of these days, Sweet Bride and I will have to plan an extra day on our Wisconsin gig, so we can head up your way, and meet up with you, Alan, and any others up that way, and have a Minnesota Mini-Meet!! Sounds great to me! What say, you, Good Sir?!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc