Original Borde Bomb

Discussion in 'Borde' started by Neil_scott, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Neil_scott

Neil_scott Spain Subscriber

Is there anyway please to determine the providence of an original "Borde" stove please.

I purchased mine about 22 years ago here in Spain actually for not very much money, It was pesetas back then and it has been fired and seems to have the box and other bits with it and is in what I feel is pretty good condition. As it had been used I subsequently used it and it works very well.

I just have no idea as to whether its an original or one of the copies.

I did have a quick search for an answer but couldn't find anything definitive.

thank you.

1.jpeg 2.jpeg 3.jpeg 4.jpeg
    *Edit: pictures uploaded and inserted after Doc's request below.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2021
  2. Doc Mark

Doc Mark SotM Winner Subscriber

@Neil_scott ,

There were many different versions of the Borde stove. Can you post a photo of the one you own? That would help us in determining if it is one of the older ones, or a later one. Either way, they are ALL Borde stoves. In fact, I've never seen a "copy" of that venerable stove, except for some similar a stoves which I believe were made in Japan. They were not marked "Borde", nor did they have the anchor stamped into them.

IF you subscribe to CCS, you can have access to lots of good info on all sorts of stoves, including the Borde Bomb. Lots of photos, as well, which would help you narrow down your own Borde. I Hope that helps, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

3. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

4. Neil_scott

@Doc Mark

Thanks very much for your kind reply. I will consider subscribing . I have quite a few groups I belong to and I am whittling those down now in august as no one works here now and will take out a few new ones in place.

On a side note would this be safe to run on white gas instead of petrol? What do you think please?

I took some photos today to see. It has been quite a while since I had it out and was nice to see it again.
    (*edit: pictures moved to the initial post as the topic was moved to the reference gallery after this later posting of the pics.)

5. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

From Swiss patent of 1955.

79569971-44CA-4750-8792-66D63E86A5D5.gif

@Neil_scott You have the classic Borde of the most common type, a format established after that 1955 patent.

As in ‘white gasoline’ as opposed to auto (‘pump’) gasoline? Well, yes, that’s the preferred fuel.

6. snwcmpr

snwcmpr SotM Winner Subscriber

7. Neil_scott

Thank you very much for all the information. Good to know.