Ostersund 1994 sponsor

Discussion in 'Trangia' started by lamafat, Jan 1, 2014.

1. lamafat

I picked up this stove earlier this year and it has seen better days. It has an addition to the Trangia label. An Ostersund 1994 Olympic bid sponsor decal. I reckon this stove is pre 1988 as the 1994 Olympics were awarded in 1988 and since the windscreen does not have the bayonet attachment. Unfortunately it is missing the strap.

1388605764-photo_3.JPG

1388605840-photo_1.JPG 1388605856-photo_2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  2. Chef BC

It is still a super looking stove, even though it is experienced. I can say that since I do not own one, you are far ahead of me in that respect. :thumbup: :content:
    Chef B C

3. lamafat

It's true "experience" does not seem to show in the photos. That being said I am truly fond of this stove.

4. Nordicthug

Nordicthug R.I.P.

My only Trangia is a 28-T which was in teh bottom of a box of camping junque I picked up at an estate sale. I'd never seen one before, but I recognized the burner from the Swedish Einmann Koks I had. Turned out that the 28 was apparently made for ultralight hiking. The stove and a .6 liter bottle of meths weigh next to nothing. I've never had a chance to give it a real trial, but I will soon. Lighting it on the kitchen table to boil up a cuppa isn't really a fair trial, is it? It might just become a fishing accessory.

It's frypan/lid isn't non stick, just plain alumin(i)um. As I haven't fried anything but freshly caught fish in decades, I don't see it being a problem. I learned early on that frying things dirties the pan.

Gerry

5. Knotty

Nice find. Hopefully you got it for a good price.

Do you know if it's a 25 (large) or 27 (not as large) system?

A 25 is my default car camping cook kit. Love the concept, just too big and heavy for backpacking.

6. Matukat

Backpack Trangia methinks-
    T-28
    Thuggy, you found an earlier one?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  7. lamafat

Knotty it is a 25, I was able to get it for the princely sum of $36 Canadian. That price included $16 for shipping so if my grade three math is right the stove was $20. :lol:

8. cmb56

cmb56 Sweden Subscriber

You probably meant "Enmanskök" (Kokkärl m/40). The burner for the Swedish Army stove is larger than the Trangia burner.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  9. 111T

111T Subscriber

Coglans, the value outdoor product company is selling actual Arno straps under their brand.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000H60296/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

It's not exactly what they come with but it's close. I purchased some a few years ago to go with several of those Ledmark Optimus 77 clones. Those kits came with horrible pleather straps and I wanted to upgrade them straight away.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  10. Lemming

And a T27 with the label in a better state: T27-1.jpg

It came with an older style strap, but not the much older white print version:

Strap-1.jpg
    For use with just the alcohol burner, I prefer the pre-1988 version without all the unnecessary holes in the lower windshield (but I do use a modern HA windshield in deep winter with the Nova burner!).