Our Virtual Newark Gathering Breakfast this Morning!

Discussion in 'Events & Meets' started by Doc Mark, May 31, 2020.

1. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Howdy, Friends!

Sweet Bride and I had a lovely time visiting with many of our CCS Mates who joined in on Ross' Virtual Newark Gathering yesterday! So, I was inspired to cook breakfast out on our deck this morning, and then enjoy eating it out there.

Ours was an All Trangia Breakfast, and I used our very first Trangia 27 (Thanks, Tess!), and our very first Trangia 25, which I got NIB from a Wilderness Outfitters that just could not sell it, before I walked in! The 27 was used to brew up some tea, and later to keep our meat and biscuits warm. The 25 cooked up some slices of Spam (Low Sodium), and also our scrambled eggs, and worked a treat on both jobs! I'll let the photos do the talking (mostly)!

All setup, and ready to go!

IMG_4702.jpg

Some years ago, I added this neat little .6l Trangia kettle to this 27 kit, and it's a great match! I've used it on several outings, and though I now have more versions of the 27, it's this one that I seem to grab every time I want to use a Trangia!

IMG_4703.jpg

Just a squirt of Pam in the non-stick frying pan/lid.

IMG_4704.jpg

And, in goes the Spam!

IMG_4705.jpg

Three eggs, a dash of milk to make them a bit more fluffy, and lots of Roasted Verde Salsa, all whisked together, and ready to go.

IMG_4706.jpg

The Trangia is doing a fine job on the Spam!

IMG_4707.jpg

Though you can't see it, the kettle is already boiling, and ready to brew up our cuppa for breakfast.

IMG_4708.jpg

IMG_4711.jpg

Still can't see the steam, darn it!

IMG_4713.jpg

In go the eggs. Meanwhile, with its simmering ring in place, the 27 is keeping the Spam nice and warm. It will soon do the same for some biscuits that Sweet Bride made in the oven, inside.

IMG_4717.jpg

Sweet Bride snapped a few photos, too, using her cell phone. Ol' Doc is proudly showing off some of our Trangia Tribe!

IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

Now, with biscuits warming over the 27, it's about time to enjoy the fruits of these excellent Trangia stoves.

IMG_4721.jpg

Sweet Bride is ready to go!

IMG_4724.jpg

You can tell who the pig is in this family, because Ol' Doc Oink got TWO slices of Spam!! Grunt-grunt!!

IMG_4725.jpg

Cooking and eating outside, helped us feel a little bit like we were at Newark, and virtually, I guess we WERE!! I hope you enjoyed seeing our All Trangia Virtual Newark Gathering Breakfast!! It was great fun putting it all together, and we look forward to getting out in the forest, camping, and enjoying more meals like this!! Cheers to one and all, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc and Sweet Bride

Attached Files:

2. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

@Doc Mark
    Bravo Mark and SB. Great to meet with you guys on Zoom yesterday. Sorry my ‘goodnight’ wasn’t too obvious - wrestling with the software (new to it).

John

3. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

Another fine post. Well done.

4. The Warrior

The Warrior United States Subscriber

Awesome Doc! I had a Trangia set up similar to those, but sold it some years ago. I should get another.

5. SveaSizzler

SveaSizzler United States Subscriber

Spam, lovely Spam...
    Doc, you'e inspired me to make a[n] Hawaiian Pizza: sliced Bacon-flavored Spam, genuine Dole sliced pineapple rings and a can of Visconti peeled yellow tomatoes [from Italy]. Lotsa Mozzarella of course.
    None of it camp stove related, however.
    I have a real Trangia burner from the '80s, a military Svea and the Esbit clone of the Trangia they had made in China. The first unit I got to use inside the Borde Bottle Cooker, the others are artifacts of my stove pox delerium.
    I hope one day to get a reat Trania cookset. Not sure if I want the 25 or 27.

6. iwoo

iwoo Subscriber

Go easy on the Pam Doc, you wouldn't want too much oil in there with all the Spam, gotta stay healthy!!!

7. mr optimus

mr optimus Subscriber

Brilliant Doc never tried spam fried, even though i eat quite often must try it as it looks delicious and so doe's the scrambled egg

8. Jeopardy

Jeopardy Subscriber

and his knees! Mine haven't seen light of day in many years, not since the kids complained..... vociferously.

well done Doc. Making me hungry.

Regards
    John

9. Doc Mark

Doc Mark Subscriber

Good Morning, Mates!

@mr optimus , Brian, it's wonderful to see you back at CCS, Good Sir!! I've missed seeing your posts, and happy to see this one!! Yes, friend Spam is pretty darned good, though we prefer the low sodium type, these days. Too much salt, and my blood pressure goes through the roof! YIKES!!

@Jeopardy , John, your comments made me laugh right out loud!! As it warms up, both SB and I are wearing shorts more often, even though my pale legs will reflect the sun enough to blind someone!! We used to go for sun tans, back in the old days. It was fun, but far too dangerous, cancer-wise, and we've both paid for those nice tans we used to get, by having skin cancers frozen off, or cut out!! NOT worth it, IMHO. But, such is life. Sun is good, but too much Sun, is bad. Getting back to breakfast, low sodium Spam, scrambled eggs, with salsa, and fresh biscuits, is ALWAYS good!! Thank you, all for your kind comments, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

10. mr optimus

mr optimus Subscriber

I shall be back and commenting on posts, i may even start adding a few more stoves to my collection