1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PARASENE 1/2 PINT SILENT STOVE

Discussion in 'Parasene' started by kaw550red, Dec 11, 2009.

1. kaw550red

kaw550red United Kingdom RIP

This is partly as an experiment and partly for members information. Providing the download of photos works it will be left in position. If the download does not work I hope I can delete it

1260556438-Parasene_stove_opt.jpg 1260556472-Parasene_pump___lid_opt.jpg 1260556505-Parasene_transfer_opt.jpg 1260556540-Parasene_top_plate_opt.jpg 1260556560-Parasene_flame_opt.jpg

After I made my first Optimus 96 special with a 2 pint silent burner I was at a car boot sale and saw this model so had to buy it. I thought that my idea was original and Parasene had done it before me.

This is not the first one that I owned but the second and last one. The only place that the maker's name appears is on the top plate and this is the only half pint stove that I know that has a top plate.

The pump is unusual in that the pump lid screws inside the pump tube rather than on the outside. The stove is unusual in that the tank and rising tube have been sprayed with a brass coloured lacquer rather than being polished as the earlier example was. It appears that the maker had trouble with heat reflecting down onto the tank as this stove is fitted with a tank lid with a safety valve in the middle and the earlier stove simply had a normal tank lid. The lid is also unusual in that it screws into the filling tube rather than on to the outside of it

It is an odd concept for a fixed leg stove as they would normally be used for household purposes rather than for camping when the size would have been an advantage for carrying purposes.

Ross has the collapsible version of this make.

Regards Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Knight84 Canada

Hello Bryan,

Excellent pictures! Thank you.

This stove still puzzles me. A unusual design indeed. I have always wondered what could have been the purpose of such a stove. A base camp stove or perhaps for camping trailers.

Cheers,
    Jeff

3. kaw550red

Hi Jeff

This version of the stove is completely illogical.

Ross has a collapsible one which gives large stove performance for a small size bulk and weight.

We had an odd conversation about the stoves as neither knew that the other version existed and the comments made did not apply to the versions that each of us had. I was very surprised when I saw his collapsible version and then his comments made perfect sense

Regards Bryan

4. Knight84 Canada

Illogical is right!

I didn't know either existed until I found mine at a sale. Mine is like yours but without the brass coloured paint. I remember reading about your special Optimus 96 , and thinking what a great idea.

Folding feet/legs with removable pot supports and burner would be a very nice stove.

Are there photo's of Ross's stove on here?

Best Regards,
    Jeff

5. kaw550red

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015