Parasene 2-pinter . Info help

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by A A C, Dec 1, 2021.

1. A A C

A A C Norway SotM Winner Subscriber

Got this Parasene 2-pint stove today and cant find a similar stove in the gallery or the reference library.
    1F1AD390-721A-4418-BC6B-0F77C6BBC491.jpeg
    The lettering on the tank is pretty crude with the text : PARASENE BRITISH. The combined tank filler cap and pressure release screw is not marked .
    DEEB033D-D281-4953-A12D-D736C3EDB4EF.jpeg B5BE4854-76F2-439B-9A1C-6B378527F570.jpeg E0D1D7C6-686B-475F-944B-E2165213ED58.jpeg
    The underside of the tank is not marked but has a distinctive ‘soup plate’ form . The end of the pump rod is unthreaded with a locking pin . The tank seems poorly finished with striations from a die perhaps that have not been removed by polishing . The burner gives no clue as it is a Radius Ltd replacement.

The combination of crude engraving, unthreaded pump rod end and the poor finish on the tank, gives me the impression that this is an immediate post-war model , the austerity years in other words. Am I in the right chronological ballpark ?
    The stove functions , the only problem being a slight air leak at the NRV . Functional but no beauty queen .
    Any clues , tips , links and other help in placing this stove in a timeline will be very much appreciated .
    Cheers Alastair

2. Dave1000car

Dave1000car Ireland Subscriber

I picked up 2 last week 1 is stamped and the other is plain IMG_20211126_172647.jpg

3. A A C

Hello @Dave1000car
    The one I can see in your picture has a different type of filler cap / pressure release screw . Is the lettering on your stove similar to the lettering on my stove ? Same pump rod end ?
    Cheers Alastair

4. Dave1000car

Dave1000car Ireland Subscriber

5. A A C

@Dave1000car
    Lovely stove. Much superior finish . Collapsible too . Looks like some of the really nice examples in the gallery . The one I have is much more rudimentary .

6. Firestarter

Firestarter United Kingdom Subscriber

@AAC
    Hi I have 3 Parasene 230 stoves which is the collapsible model.All have split pins on the end of the pump rod.2 have Parasene England embossed on them but 1 has similar engraving to yours.I am in the process of restoring it and will post in the RFG when finished . I believe yours to be the 305 Senior model . If you look at some of the box labels or instruction leaflets you will see that the engraving says Parasene British although the stove itself is embossed Parasene England.My earlier stove has a much more solid filler cap ,the riser is thicker and the pump cap has no small hole whereas the other two have this. Hope this is some help.
    Regards Firestarter

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  7. A A C

@Firestarter
    Thanks for your reply.
    I will look at the articles you mention . All the Parasene stoves I have seen on the forum have a «winged» filler cap unlike the combined cap and pressure release screw on the example I have . The type of engraving is also different to the other stoves illustrated in the galleries.
    That you have given me a model designation to work with is a big help . Cheers Alastair

8. A A C

@Firestarter
    P. S.
    Looked through the galleries as you suggested. The only Parasene stove with a similar filler cap / release valve combination is the «Safety» model, the one-pint model with the very big silent burner . The 305 S model you mentioned seems to have a «winged» filler cap and a bakelite pump rod end .
    Curioser and curiouser - Alastair

9. A A C

Have cleaned up the Parasene stove. As I have previously posted the burner has been replaced with a Radius roarer. However, the spirit cup seems original and is made from steel .
    The combined filler cap , pressure release screw loses pressure . I have tested the stove with another cap, it holds pressure .
    I have replaced the filler cap seal without a discernible improvement . Have doubled up with an extra seal made from gasket material and it just about solves the problem though I have to tighten the cap with a screwdriver.
    Still can’t find a stove with the same combination of lettering type / text and combined filler cap / release screw .
    E57C1859-9E9B-41D4-8CAB-3ECC97F770AB.jpeg 291CF5C5-51A4-4E1E-86A0-0C4E18BCC190.jpeg 9D3E7966-88AF-44CA-B776-41D949AB0F25.jpeg