Parasene half-pint stove with full size silent burner.

Discussion in 'Parasene' started by kerophile, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Knight84

Thanks Kerophile. The picture of the night photo is at about 2/3 power. The stove seems to self pressurize well once going.

I would love to see a Parasene catalogue. I would guess around 60's or 70's. But thats just a guess.

Instructions

Cheers
    Jeff

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  2. Knight84

Here is a shot of it burning at max with the pan ring on. In a matter of minutes most of the pan ring is glowing orange red. I was thinking of painting the ring with some high temp paint but I don't know if it will handle that kind of heat. :-k :-k

An interesting stove indeed. What kind of market or buyer would want one. :-k

Regards,
    Jeff

Sorry once again for the image being at the top. Is it me ?

3. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi Jeff, Many thanks for posting the instructions and wonderful image of the cherry-red pan-ring. I have never seen one like that before!
    The Parasene "Mighty Atom" is certaily a unique stove and it is great that so many, in comparitive terms, have survived.
    Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

4. ally

ally Subscriber

I have just purchased one of these and am having trouble getting it to hold pressure, I have replaced the filler seal from a fettlebox kit with some difficulty as it had to be 'persuaded' over the larger than normal thread barrel, the NRV was a pain to remove, the pip was replaced with a 4.5mm from fettlebox again along with a lead seal as there was none fitted to the NRV (I cannot see the remnants of an old one in the pump tube and assume wicked tight to compensate)

I have used a 'small' pump leather from the kit but some strokes it has the normal pressurising resistance then the next just 'goes to the floor', I'm confused here, is this the pump leather or the NRV?

I have some NRVs purchased from Juliands but they are much smaller than the original fitted, are these a special fitment?

I'm frustrated with my lack of fettling ability, especially troubleshooting faults...

:)

edit - squirted washing up liquid around the filler cap and the pressure loss is there

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  5. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Don’t be Ally. I had to retire to find time for fettling demands ... well, not really, but troubleshooting can be truly head-scratching at times if what you’re sure would work doesn’t.

‘Goes to the floor’ is a great expression to describe that pump action phenomenon. Just like a loss of brake fluid, pedal hitting the floor.

Could be a pump washer not sealing to the pump bore consistently well. Try flexing it with your fingers and re-oiling. From what I remember from my Parasene the pump cup is mounted Primus-fashion on a component sliding back and forth on the pump rod, sealing on the forward stroke. That might not be sealing reliably. Look for nicks on the mating surfaces.

Good result locating the pressure loss!

John

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  6. Simes

Simes Subscriber

I think wishing you 'best of British' might be appropriate, albeit Parasene may not fall into that category.

7. gieorgijewski

gieorgijewski Subscriber

:thumbup::content:

8. ally

ally Subscriber