Parasene half-pint stove with full size silent burner.

Discussion in 'Parasene' started by ally, Feb 13, 2020 at 1:34 PM.

1. ally

ally Subscriber

stove plate.jpg

A recent purchase that provided me with some frustration!

it arrived with a top plate and instructions. I always try the stove as it arrives before trying and remedial works, I have had reasonable success and often only need to replace the filler cap seal

parasene.jpg

on this one I could get no tank pressure so out with the fettlebox kit, none of the filler cap seals fitted well, the one now fitted required a fair bit of stretching to get over the barrel of the threads

parasene filler.jpg

as you can see it's in a pretty poor state

parasene filler reverse.jpg

with the seal fitted you can still see the seal 'hugging' the thread barrel

I had significant trouble getting the NRV out to change the pip (suspected due the low pressure), unfortunately the head is now a little damaged but it has differing threads for the ones I have 'in stock' from juliands, 4.5mm pip replaced and also added a lead seal from fettlebox, this required a good amount of persuasion to get over the thread and was quite irregular in shape when I managed wit brute force and ignorance, no seal was visible in the pump tube so suspect it was rammed home to overcome the lack of seal

parasene pump cup.jpg

the pump cup appears to be the same size as a 96 but I am getting the occasional 'empty' stroke, the pump tube measures ~14mm (9/16), it requires reshaping a little too often

parasene pump rod.jpg

still no pressure, washing up liquid around filler cap shows bubbles still, grrrrr

I had a sleep on this, the filler cap neck with it's ring groove was in good condition so suspected the seal was not coming into full contact with the filler neck, in the picture above of the filler cap you can see the seal is quite a long way down in the cap so I fitted a riser fibre washing behind it to bring the seal nearer the top of the cap, and...

its alive.jpg

a very impressive output bringing my whistling kettle to the boil very promptly, it is has somewhat of a drunken tilt and the un-butted feet screech along the counter top so have some plastic ferrules coming

overall a really nice little fella!

instructions.jpg

:)

2. Simes

Simes Subscriber

Well done @ally.

And some points to look out for if I ever fall on one of those.