Patria Regulated Burner

Discussion in 'Stove Forum' started by Jacques Van Der Rijst, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Jacques Van Der Rijst

Jacques Van Der Rijst South Africa Subscriber

Hi gents,

New to this forum so let me introduce myself. I have been collecting pressure lanterns, lamps and stoves for almost 3 years and enjoy it tremendously. Best hobby I ever had... apart from knife making.

I recently stumbled upon some NOS Patria regulated burners (made in Portugal) - as far as I can gather they are a copy of the much revered 207 burner used on many Primus,Optimus stoves etc. can someone please give me some more detail, background around these burners as I am truly impressed with their performance and would like to know more about the origin and design of the burner. I can certainly post pics if needed.

Thank you kindly

Jacques

2. Ed Winskill

Ed Winskill United States Subscriber

I would like to see photos and this is the usual view here. They are easily uploaded here.

Over the years there has been discussion here at CCS about these burners, as well as various curious inquiries about Portuguese manufacture of stove components since the end of Hipolito manufacture. I don't think this curiosity has ever truly been satisfied.

Welcome to CCS.

3. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

4. kerophile

5. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

My Geniol kerosene stove has had what’s probably a Patria burner (un-marked) from new. The control knob is marked Patria, the outer burner cap Geniol.

23E07F50-86BB-4160-9D4B-F3729A7C19A0.jpeg

With experience of Optimus and Primus regulated silent burners, I can say without a doubt that the (supposed) Patria burner is of equal performance and quality of manufacture.

6. Jacques Van Der Rijst

Hi gents,

Here we go - please excuse quality of photos:

IMG_20200822_073112.jpg IMG_20200822_073112.jpg IMG_20200822_073121.jpg IMG_20200822_073133.jpg IMG-20200818-WA0013.jpg IMG-20200818-WA0018.jpg

7. Jacques Van Der Rijst

I recently acquired a Radius AF12 double burner stove - the original burners were not in very good condition so decided to put them aside for the moment as I need parts to service and fitted two of the Patria burners instead - they work great!

8. Jacques Van Der Rijst

@kerophile Thanks for your interesting links - appreciated. The burner in the pics I have posted is indeed a NOS Patria Regulated Burner.

9. kerophile

Hi @Jacques Van Der Rijst . Yes, the extra-long control shaft seems to be a feature of Patria regulated burners!
    I have found Hipolito and Patria burners to be of good quality and performance.
    They certainly seem to be performing well in your Radius AF 12 stove.

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

10. Jacques Van Der Rijst

Thank you Kerophile,

I can just add that beneath the outer ring of the burner it is stamped Made in Portugal one side and Patria on the opposite side. Also the burner cup/flame spreader reads Patria made in Portugal. I have used quite a few of them on different stoves during the last year and can confirm that they have all performed very well without any hickups.

Cheers

Jacques