Perfektus Pluto 4... is it ?

Discussion in 'Ernst Hãhnel' started by Steph, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Steph

For some time I wanted to acquired a multiburner stove to fettle but price range we're out of budget until I spotted this one.

Pic01.JPG

I must confess that I bought without asking myself if it was original or some kind of hybrid stove. It look nice and complete.

Pic02.JPG Pic03.JPG Pic04.JPG Pic05.JPG

After going through the forum, I looked up @optipri post of a French Perfektus catalog. «Oh good it's a Perfektus Pluto 4 model» I told myself but why these ?:

Pic06.JPG Pic07.JPG

Can someone light my lantern ?

Thank's !

2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

3. presscall

presscall United Kingdom SotM Winner SotY Winner Subscriber

Heidersdorf is a modern incarnation of Hähnel, the originator of the Perfektus brand, which I first encountered when I featured the stove HERE. The 'Mewa' (Meva) label I don't get, although Heidersdorf stoves were produced in Czechoslovakia, Meva's country of origin.

I see that a current ebay listing for your stove has a 'Heidersdorf' label and not one for Meva/Mewa.

image.jpeg

A Perfektus Pluto is most likely your stove's Great Grandad.

John

4. Radler Switzerland

Hello Steph
    Good buy!
    Have a look at this (and save the pictures for you):
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/like/2916833...91683341446&lgeo=1&vectorid=229487&rmvSB=true

It shows your stove as a part of a military cooking set. VEB MEWA in Heidersdorf was the name of the company of Ernst Hähnel in the time of the German Democratic Republic (GRD), later in Lüdenscheid (Germany) with several brands. It has nothing to do with the Swiss MEWA, just the same name.

Best Regards
    Radler
    PS presscall was quicker.

5. Steph

Thank's for your reply's gentleman.

Well, look's I'm the owner of a Cold War relict ! :D/

Take care

6. JacobLotz

JacobLotz Subscriber

Awesome! I did not even know these existed! I see you also have a spare burner! Very nice!

7. gieorgijewski

gieorgijewski Subscriber

about BAT
    VEB Sturmlaternenwerk Beierfeld

• 1945 - 01.07.1948 Herman Nier Spezialfabrik für Sturmlaternen, Beierfeld
    • 01.07.1948 - 01.02.1952 M E W A Nirona-Feuerhand-Werke / VEB Metallwarenfabriken Beierfeld/Erzgebirge
    • 01.02.1952 - 01.04.1969 VEB Sturmlaternenwerk Beierfeld ( Teil des MEWA- Kombinats), zum VEB SLW-B gehörten auch Außenwerke wie das Werk Heidersdorf
    • 01.04.1969 - 1990 VEB Sturmlaternenwerk Beierfeld ( Betriebsteil des VEB Waschgerätewerk Schwarzenberg, Teil des MONSATOR-Kombinats. Ab 197x umbenannt zu FORON.)
    MEWA as KOMBINAT was very big...