Pigeon gas camping stove

Discussion in 'France' started by optipri, Apr 29, 2019.

1. optipri

optipri Subscriber

I bought this stove on the bay a couple of mothns ago. I was a bit doubtful as it was missing the external pump, but I descided to go for it. More about this in next Pigeon post.
    It is running gasoline and has a special kind of design, like most French stoves. The tank is hangng in two thin metal sheets soldered into the tank and screwed to the frame. The grill is only a bent flat iron steel piece.
    One interesting thing is the combined meter for both pressure and fuel level, have never seen this before.
    The stove is rather big, measures 27x34x16cm so nothicg for a backpacker, more likely for a car camper.
    A number of other Pigeons are listed in this forum but I have never seen this, not in a catalogue either. Would be interesting to know the model number of it.

Bo

DSC02874.JPG DSC02876.JPG DSC02878.JPG DSC02879.JPG DSC02880.JPG DSC02881.JPG DSC02882.JPG DSC02883.JPG

2. pau-i-amor

pau-i-amor Subscriber

It's really nice!

3. Tony Press

Tony Press Australia Subscriber

Stinkpot Bay, Howden, Tasmania, Australia
    Interesting stove.

Cheers

Tony

4. z1ulike

z1ulike United States SotM Winner Subscriber

Ahhh those french. A really nice stove you've got there. Did you re-paint it or did it come to you like that? Either way it looks great.

Ben

5. optipri

optipri Subscriber

The tin case is repainted. Was badly corroded when I got it. Should of course have been blastered to the metal to reach a perfect finish. But I can live with it in this way.

Bo