Pigeon Ignus pricker mechanism

Discussion in 'Fettling Forum' started by RoyJB, Jan 26, 2020.

1. RoyJB

Hi, Has anyone got an exploded view of a pigeon ignus which has an internal pricker mechanism. I have just acquired one of these stove with some damage to this mechanism but as it is quite corroded I cannot see how all the parts separate & I don't want to cause more damage unnecessarily. Thanks in advance

2. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

3. RoyJB

Thanks for the links. I have now managed to take the stove apart and cleaned things up. Sad tto say that the rack & pinion arrangement for raising the cleaning needle is badly damaged both on the valve spindle & needle part so, it have to do without the needle until I (if ever) find spares. Ne other thing is that the tank had meths in it - I thought these were petrol stoves? Regards

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2020
  4. kerophile

Hi, yes these are petrol stoves. If you can add photos of the rack and pinion in their damaged state, one of the CCS members might be able to advise if similar items may have been used in other regulated burner stoves.

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

5. RoyJB

Here is a photo of the parts which make up the pricker mechanism. From bottom up:
    1 Valve spindle which has a tapering splined end
    2 Circular rack
    3 Connector- the rack fits in the bottom and can turn. The pricker fits in the top in a hexagonal hole so can only move up and down.
    4 Pricker
    5 Jet

As both the spline on valve spindle & the rack are damaged nothing moves. It is, I am sure, very unlikely to find spare parts, so can anyone suggest an alternative approach.

Thanks in advance

20200130_094406.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2020
  6. kerophile

Hi @RoyJB , Thanks for posting the photo and describing the distinctive French cleaning mechanism of your Pigeon Ignus. I have never seen a cleaning needle mechanism quite like that before!
    I reckon that adopting an external pricker was a smart move.

Best Regards,
    Kerophile.

7. RoyJB

Here is first firing without the pricker mechanism. All seems fine and I have found a suitable small pricker to keep in the box!

Attached Files: