Playing with Prentiss Wabers 205

Discussion in 'Practice Forum' started by Tom Fritts, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Tom Fritts

Just started working with a Model 205 Auto Cook Kit and am surprised to not find other obvious matches for the model style. The cylindrical (not torpedo shaped) tank, on the side, and with two knobs (one for control and one for air mixture). I'm also curious as to the number in the cast fitting in the center of the mechanism to the left of the right burner. The number is 06 over 46 A. Could this be a 1946 date mark? No one seems to mention such a mark identifier.
    IMG_1731.JPG
    I have gotten it to burn a bit but clearly have a leak in the pump and need to fabricate a fill cap gasket.

2. BradB

BradB United States Subscriber

Your stove is similar to my PW Model 8. Mine appears to be a bit older as it has the external pump. I have a Preway (their newer name) 1945 wedge that appears more modern than yours. I am no PW expert but I think it is likely from the 1930s. Brad

3. Tom Fritts

I did find a good review of PW stoves on this site; the 1934 or so date was suggested for the Model 205 (judged an economy version). The combination of side mount and internal pump appears to be somewhat rare among PW models. Thanks for the info.
    Prentiss-Wabers Products Co. stoves

4. Kodiak Saudi Arabia

Very rare this model and nice one :clap: