Posts moved from CCSv2 to CCSv3 by the Archivists - Yours?

Discussion in 'CCS News & Announcements' started by Spiritburner, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Spiritburner

Spiritburner Admin SotM Winner Subscriber

Some of you may remember CCSv2. We had a static web site with the Stove Reference Gallery & Library & Action Gallery. Folk sent contributions for these sections by email. Attached to that we had a forum.

When we moved to CCSv3 we migrated all the posts across from the old forum & manually posted all the content from the static site into the new sections of CCS such as we have now.

We used member accounts specifically created for the purpose. The accounts were Archivist, Archivist2, Archivist3, Archivist4, Archivist5 & Archivist6.

If Joe Bloggs had a stove in the gallery we would post it in the relevant section of new forum using an Archivist account & add 'Courtesy of Joe Bloggs' to the post.

Now here, on CCSv4, we have the ability to re-assign the thread starter.

So - as a service to the membership I'll be happy to re-assign any such posts to their rightful owner.

All you need to do is report any post that this applies to with a comment for it to be re-assigned.

Please only report your own content but feel free to report as many as you wish. I will work my way through them as & when.

2. snwcmpr

snwcmpr Subscriber

As an added note to those that do report a post.
    There currently is no way to reply to the 'Alert' of the fix, nor is there an identifier of 'The Moderator' that is fixing it.

Please, this is not a complaint, I have been informed of the forum capabilities, and the plans down the road. This is just an FYI.

Ken in NC

3. Rangie

Rangie Subscriber

I have reported broken links in the past and a note has come back saying fixed.
    I'm happy with the service, I think as long as Ross @Spiritburner is tagged its in his to-do list.

Alec.

4. kerophile

kerophile United Kingdom SotM Winner Subscriber

Hi, Busy man Ross. I received confirmation this morning that he had dealt with six reassignments of posts, which I only flagged up last night.
    Great dedication to CCS I would say.
    Best Regards,
    Kerophile.